BC Boards

Tenn. Puppy Mill busted

Pat W.

That's great Pat.

Why did it take so long to obtain/execute the search warrant?

Probably because things like that are usually a long time in the works. They need to gather a good deal of evidence beforehand to get the warrant and then they need to get the logistics worked out as to what they will do with all the dogs afterwards.

100 dogs is a huge operation to deal with.

Mom and I were talking about all the pics we have seen. Most are the dogs walking nice on leashes or being carried to be examined. I think these will be fine dogs. I know people have complaints about his pups being undersocialized but, these dogs look like they will be ok with a few weeks of decompression time. I'm sure they will apprecaite time out to run and to be clean and warm

check this out: http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090925...47/Portland+pup

MABCR will be taking in at least 10 of these dogs

I see some extra volunteering hours in my future...

News like this is always good until it hits the courts. After a lot of sword rattling, the outcome is usually a let down. At least this group of dogs was saved. Still, I think one way or another, he'll be free to start over again, in another state, under another name. I don't hold out a lot of hope that he'll never be able to do this again.

Hope I'm wrong.

News like this is always good until it hits the courts. After a lot of sword rattling, the outcome is usually a let down. At least this group of dogs was saved. Still, I think one way or another, he'll be free to start over again, in another state, under another name. I don't hold out a lot of hope that he'll never be able to do this again.

Hope I'm wrong.

Vicki, I know where you are coming. I just hope Swafford rots in hell. :rolleyes:

Lisa

Swafford should have to live in the kind of conditions he subjected those poor dogs to - he put them through hell on earth, and it would be justice for him to live that kind of hell himself.

Lauren - I thought of you and Zoey when this news broke. She's a lucky girl to have you, and so is the little, terrified dog that I met in class in Morgantown. I have no idea what that dog was put through to traumatize him like he had been, but he (like Zoey) was ultimately blessed with a loving and caring family who were doing everything in their power to give him a good, stable, contented life.