BC Boards

Taste of the Wild... Cost?

mbc1963

My old regular feed store (where I used to get Canidae) started carrying Taste of the Wild. They had the 33-lb. bags (High Priarie) there yesterday for only $38.50. I think that's a good chunk less than I paid the last few times I bought it, when it was up around $45 or so. So I grabbed 2 33-lb bags. Happy!

What do the rest of you pay? I'm just curious!

Mary

I can't wait to get back to raw, still have to work out the storage issues. But I really like TOTW and so do the dogs! How much is anyone feeding in a day. For the seniors who tend to fluff up if we're not careful, get a heaping 1/2 cup 2x's per day. Mick and Dew who are not fat in anyway get a scant cup 2x's per day. seems to be holding but I'd like to think I could cut the young active dogs down a bit but they swear I can't!

I think I mentioned in an earlier thread that I started Buddy on TOTW (from Canidae) last fall, and he surprisingly came out of the winter 45 lbs, rather than his usual 42 or 43. I was feeding about 7/8 cup of TOTW twice per day, because that's what I had fed of Canidae, and because of the recommendations on the TOTW bag. Now he's down to about 2/3 cups twice per day. When he reaches 42 or 43 lbs. again, I may bump it up a tiny notch - he does seem very hungry with eating this much.

Seems like he doesn't need as much of this food to maintain his weight.

Mary

Now he's down to about 2/3 cups twice per day. When he reaches 42 or 43 lbs. again, I may bump it up a tiny notch - he does seem very hungry with eating this much.

Seems like he doesn't need as much of this food to maintain his weight.

Daisy and Buddy must have similar builds. That's how much Orijen I feed her and I had to watch it for the first little bit because she did put on a couple pounds she didn't need.

If he's acting hungry when he eats, why don't you try putting some pure pumpkin in with his food? I think I've seen someone mention here before that it's a good source of fiber, so he'll feel full but it shouldn't add on any extra weight....

I know paid around $50/30 lbs including taxes ... about a month and a half ago. We're still good till at least end of May :rolleyes: He does like it a lot and his stools are firm and all is good. The first week I switched him to this food his stools were so and so, but then he got used to it. He likes the taste (Roasted Bison) so much better than the California Natural that he was on for most of his life.

I feed him once a day, about 3/4/cup, lately mixed with some Purina One Natural Blends - Vitamins & Minerals - Lamb & Barely - it was on super clearance for $2.65/6.5lbs at Target (instead of $12) - how could I have left it there, right?! - LOL

Daisy and Buddy must have similar builds. That's how much Orijen I feed her and I had to watch it for the first little bit because she did put on a couple pounds she didn't need.

If he's acting hungry when he eats, why don't you try putting some pure pumpkin in with his food? I think I've seen someone mention here before that it's a good source of fiber, so he'll feel full but it shouldn't add on any extra weight....

Mine spit out pumpkin...brats... :rolleyes: I've added green beans to the mix, and they scarf 'em up :D

We just got 4 bags from a store in OK. I about cleaned their shelves off! It was 34.95 a bag and when they asked for my farm number I had to smile, I was out of state and it was still $8 a bag cheaper. Something is weird when the price is that different!