BC Boards

Good breeders in this area?

I'm pretty sure my next dog no matter the breed will be a rescued adult. I'm in an apartment so an adult dog is sounding really good though I do have puppy fever pretty bad. (I need to make decisions with my head though)

Eventually though I'd like a well bred BC. The problem is all the decent breeders I can find are halfway across the country from me. Not that I oppose going a long ways for a good dog, but do you know of any good breeders in the TX/OK/surrounding states area? I've found some iffy ones but most are just plain BAD. The only decent ones I've found sound like they only sell to working homes and not pet homes.

Here's something you should check out (you, and anyone else interested in rescue!).

The folks that run the agility venue, NADAC, have taken on a NUMBER of rescues from kill-shelters in the OK/TX area. They vet 'em, clean 'em up, and even provide some very basic training (some have had NO training whatsoever, and some have been abused, and some are simply unwanted). Then, they rehome them! What an incredible undertaking. You can see some of the dogs (and cats too!) at this web site:

http://highpointagility.com/index.html

They don't always update the web site regularly and I just noticed there's no contact info on it!

You can go to www.nadac.com and use the "contact us" link (hidden in gray in the upper right hand corner).

Sharon is on the road now, with some of the rescues with her; but I'm sure there are others still in "residence" in Calera, OK.

Check it out!

diane

There are a number of good rescues that even have some dogs that have had working back ground.

I myself had a female surrendered that I know who the breeder is (that is who referred them to me) and that is looking for a good home. Beautiful r/w girl.

There are a number of good rescues that even have some dogs that have had working back ground.

I myself had a female surrendered that I know who the breeder is (that is who referred them to me) and that is looking for a good home. Beautiful r/w girl.

Links to good rescues are appreciated as well! I know of BCRT and that's about it.

We get a TON of bc or bc mix puppies/young adults in the shelter I worked at. There have been plenty that are just plain perfect for what I want. Unfortunately the shelter will not adopt out any dogs over 25 lbs to people in apartments no matter what. So I'm kind of stumped there.