BC Boards

Lena is HERE!

Please welcome our new farm hand...Lena. We met up with Lena's person and did a little herding with her this morning...in the rain. She has a lot to teach me, and have I got a LOT to learn...beginning with my left from my right :rolleyes: Herding with a dog is such fun.

She's a great little (38 lb) girl. Within minutes of arrival she established her place at the head of our pack (with a mere glance for the Portie) and a correction for the nosey (male) Westie. Right now she is laying under my desk, snoring, while the other two are laying to my left and right, watching her warily. Too funny.

The LGD on the other hand are going to take awhile to tolerate her. They know she wants the sheep. She ignores the chickens, follows the ducks (and will probably try to herd them at some point) and isn't quite sure what the goats are.

I've added a picture taken by Terry as an attachment, hopefully it can be seen.

post-9307-1226187952_thumb.jpg

Congrats! I wouldn't say 38 pounds is all that small for a female. Good luck with her. You're going to have lots of fun working with her I bet.

With three LGD in the hundred # range, an owning bigger dogs before (GSD, Rottie) she's seems very dainty and small. But she's tough enough for our sheep! (Of course we have wee Westie too, but he thinks he's big, so we tend to forget he's not *grin* )

~ Tru

Laingcroft