BC Boards

Usher has been vomiting

I was really concerned after his recent surgery about the vomiting. Almost rushed him to the vet- but guess what it was? A new pillow from Walgreen's. Bliss got one, also- with no effects. Only ten dollars. Thought it was nice to get them a new fluffy pillow for their crates, noooooooooo. Usher puked the first night. I didn't think much about it- was worried about his latest surgery. Next night, I let him sleep on the bed ( ok - I'm a softie- but wanted to make sure I heard him) no sounds. 2nd night -in his crate- UGH= sick again and another clean up. 3rd night- on the floor- no problems. So, I removed the pillow and we haven't had a sick night since. Could it be the cheapie pillows? I washed the pillows, the containers, everything. Could he be allergic? Or just maybe doesn't like that much "fluff" in his crate- right now he just has a pad. Any advice appreciated.

That is odd and I couldn't begin to say how the pillow would make him vomit if he isn't ingesting it. However, when it comes to dogs no longer throwing up, I'm totally fine with superstitious thinking. :rolleyes: It could have all been coincidence, but I'd toss his pillow (or put it in storage for Bliss at a later date).

No cedar chips, but in his crate, he has a flat pillow and this one is very fluffy. Maybe he just isn't used to it. I'd rather leave things as they are than have a sick dog. I put it in the living room for him to lay on and he stays away. Strange how things work out for our furry friends.

We bought those cheap beds from Walgreens. I like them cause when they get ucky I just toss them. They seem to like them better than the ones I made out of pleather. The ones I could wipe off just sit there all clean and new.

No one seems to be bothered by them here, but they're still all a bit itchy. Mick never lays on them and he still itches a bit so I'm not putting the 2 together but if you can, then better safe than sorry.

The lining on Bliss' pillow is 100% polyester. The pillow doesn't say. Bliss used to LOVE her crate when my old robe was in there and go in for naps. She hasn't gotten sick. Usher hasn't gotten sick since we removed the pillow. They had some sale at Walgreen's for Halloween. Bliss got Bubble Yum because it was pink and Usher got Hershey's because it fit in his crate. I guess you get what you pay for. OTOH, my BF's cat loves her cat bed. $10. also. I'll be sticking to usual crate beds in the future. Thanks for the in-puts. Glad I'm not crazy. LOL. And YES- foam filled.