BC Boards

My Least Attractive Moment (I think I just had it.)

It's hot and sticky here, and every single afternoon for two weeks we get thunderstorms that burst up, unpredictably. My lawn is overgrown and I can't walk the dog enough, since that guy died of a lightning strike in our local park and we're all paranoid of electrical storms now, and to top it off, I have this summer cold that's got my sinuses filled up so my teeth actually hurt and my right eye is swollen, pink, and gushing tears.

I decide Buddy really needs a good brushing. His sides have that ugly grey scraggle they get when you haven't brushed enough during a shed. (Why he waited for July to drop this fur, I can't tell!) So I take him out and started going on him.

He's standing in front of me, surrounded by a puddle of his own fur, which is also sticking to my legs and arms and hands. My eyes are gushing from this cold I've got, and above that, the tilt of my head is apparently letting my sinuses drain, and my nose starts to run - as if tears are pouring out of it, too. Because my hands are buried deep in smelly dog fur, I can't wipe my nose or eyes, so I just sit there sticky and stinky, brushing as the leaky faucet of my head goes DRIP DRIP DRIP onto the pavement below me.

Bleah.

I don't think my dog appreciates me enough.

Mary

Mary, you poor thing! I have to admit, your email made me laugh ... but oh I so feel for you. There's nothing worse than being sick when it's this hot out. And I can completely picture what you were going through. I hope you get better soon.

Jodi

Ohhhh...I can identify, except that I feel that way most of the time! TERRIBLE ALLERGIES! Year round. Good thing Scooter isn't afraid of strange/loud sounds! Hope you feel better soon! :rolleyes:

I don't think my dog appreciates me enough.

Mary

You know I wanted to say "Oh Im sure he does!" but after reading that; The amount of appreciation required I am sure is beyond that of even a BC.

hope you feel better

Oh, that's miserable. The only consolation ...... you didn't have a visitor right at that moment. :rolleyes:

You need to move here to southern Tasmania - it's winter - freezing cold (well, for here anyway), there's snow on the mountain - and the best bit - we get maybe one or two thunderstorms in a whole year. I'm leery of thunderstorms myself, so I wouldn't be a happy camper where you are.

Hope you get to feeling a lot better very soon.