BC Boards

NC Get Together - Official Invite!

Becca & the boys,

Thank you so much for hosting the picnic. Fergie and I had a wonderful time. She's not used to having so many other dogs around, but she enjoys it in her quiet, queenly way.

I worried about y'all when I came through a deluge in Hillsborough. But it sounds like you stayed dry.

I'll try to get my photos off the camera and onto the web this afternoon.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Becca, Patrick, PJ, and Joey!

I had a great time, ate too much (as usual), and the dogs enjoyed themselves. Lark says that now I really need to get her some ducks of her own (as long as Pip won't denude them!). I was hoping for a rainy day today so I could sit here and download photos and videos, but so far it doesn't look promising. It looks like there was rain around here up to maybe a mile away, but we got basically nothing, and we're desperately dry. I also "found" a shortcut home that took nearly 20 miles off the trip! (And I was so tired that even after having drunk copious amounts of Patrick's world-famous tea, I still slept through the night!)

J.

I just wanted to add my thank you's too. Becca, Patrick, Joey, and PJ. You all made it a great day! What a lovely place you all have, and what wonderful hosts. The food was plentiful, and delicious. I hope PJ is feeling better after that wasp attack.

The ducks were so much fun to watch being worked. It just really sends home the message of how truley amazing these Border Collies really are when you can see some thing like that.

The trip to the pond was really fun too. I dont think there are many types/breeds of dogs that you can bring together off lead in such an excieting setting and not have a single fight break out. There must have been close to 20 dogs at that pond, and all minded their manners and played nice. Another amazing thing to see.

It was a long trip, but well worth it, and I wanted to thank Julie again for allowing me to tag along so I didnt have to bring my deisel hog.

I also forgot last night to thank you Julie for working with Chris. And she thanks you too! Its the first time in a long time I havent had to apologize to some one for bloody sheep. I was so pleased and proud of her. Appropreiate sheep and a competant handler make all the difference in the world for a pressure sensitive dog.

I look forward to the next get together, but next time I'll be sure to bring my fishing pole!

It was a really fun day, and I was so happy to get to meet some of the folks here on the board too.

And Nancy, had you blinked, and we'd have had room, Im sure Id have found a way to sneak that sweet old girl of yours into the van and you wouldnt have to have worried about feeding her anymore!

So thanks everyone. The dogs and folks alike, all had a hand in making it a great day!

While we are thanking people, thanks to Darci for doing the Master Groomer demo! I think you should have your own show! Oh, wait, you probably already feel like you do considering where you worked. I wasn't sure I had a before picture of Zhi but I found one from yesterday, and when the batteries are done charging, I'll get "after" shots - unless someone has some! She is prancing and happy again.

And thanks to Julie, Laura, and Robin for stepping up as usual and shuttling our crazy sheep around. I wish someone had gotten Zack breaking the lambs of the ring around the barn game, and penning them, on video - but it was quite entertaining! Honest guys, they usually go in that pen quite nicely. Snerk.

I can't wait for the duck videos. And seriously, Julie, no harm was done to the duck - some dogs just have to get it out of their system before they will relax to the work on ducks - there's a lot going on for them to process and they do look awfully yummy!

the food was fantastic. It looks like I did get some decent pictures, mostly of everyone hanging out and eating :rolleyes:

More later after I get back from Vacation Bible School tonight. Yawn - I was up until 3:00 am getting THAT together after y'all left.

A little slow here, but wanted to add my thanks as well! A big, HUGE thank you to Becca, Patrick, PJ, and Joey for having us all up there.

The Crazies had an absolute ball (as usual). Ginger says to tell Xena Warrior Grooming Goddess how much she appreciates her new 'do. She looks aDORable, feels much cooler, and takes up less room on the bed now. :rolleyes: Linc, Nick, and June loved the swimming (June a little too much... as usual) and Linc absolutely had a blast making new friends. Nick says ducks are FUN by the way, and he'd like some of his own. He tried to convince me that we have our very own baby pool in the back yard, so why not? Imp.

It was great to see everyone (some I don't get to see NEARLY enough) and the food was yummo. I truly was grateful not to have to take ANY nanner puddin home - 'cuz it would have wound up in my belly. I was exhausted by the time I got home, and tried to recover yesterday. I'm still a little tired, and wishing it had occurred to me to take out my camera to take pictures of something other than dogs working ducks. :D

And thanks to Julie, Laura, and Robin for stepping up as usual and shuttling our crazy sheep around. I wish someone had gotten Zack breaking the lambs of the ring around the barn game, and penning them, on video - but it was quite entertaining! Honest guys, they usually go in that pen quite nicely. Snerk.

I can't wait for the duck videos. And seriously, Julie, no harm was done to the duck - some dogs just have to get it out of their system before they will relax to the work on ducks - there's a lot going on for them to process and they do look awfully yummy

Zac and Spottie were happy to help! I need to get the video of Spottie working ducks uploaded. She has this bird obsession and this was her opportunity of a lifetime - working birds! She did very well and was one happy dog. Her eyes were as big as saucers when she not only saw the ducks but got a flank command to go to work! :rolleyes:

I just wanted to say I had wonderful time also. Joey had so much fun, he was one with the back seat all the way home. He never even lifted his head. I was in the sun a little too long on Saturday and yesterday my face was reminiscent of a tomato, but fortunately I did not blister and most of the sun had faded by this morning.

I am looking forward to next year or whenever.