BC Boards

This really bothers me

Near where I live is a busy road just outside the city limits, lined with WalMart and so on, with empty spaces by the roadside where no businesses have built yet. Daily I see people set up in these empty spaces selling things, which is fine.....BUT they are also selling puppies. Usually pit bulls. The cages they have them in are often in the full sun. It will be 105 degrees out and someone will be standing out there next to the road, holding up a tiny pit bull puppy in one hand, in the full sun. The cops cruise that street all the time; sometimes I even see them parked near these places, so I must assume that there are no laws governing this. But those puppies and mothers have got to be suffering in that heat and sun. It breaks my heart. I wish that there were something I could do about it. People who treat animals like a comodity really make me mad. :rolleyes:

I have recently adopted a totally different attitude to what I was before i.e live and let live and all that (well I'm still like that but NOT when it comes to dangerous situations), and I have found that the only action you can take is call the police or relevant authorities , as many times as it takes for them to move and believe me Belgium has the Inertia World Cup ...but still , if you don't do it you spend the rest of your time blaming yourself .

These are pups , which is bad enough , but I have been harrassing the police for ages regarding a child I thought was in danger , and it turned up not only was I totally right , but the child had two brothers already drowned in the canal due to lack of care and attention ...

I'm sorry to sound so dramatic , it's just that you can't go wrong intervening when you feel something is amiss .

I thought for a while that I was unfair because the situation was bugging ME , like a selfish reaction to all the trouble in my neighbourhood , but I really felt for the kid and it was not at all about getting her out of my sight .

So I think in some cases reporting and reporting again , in a calm level-headed fashion , will eventually (?)get some positive results ...good luck and don't feel bad about other people's evil behaviour .

D'Elle,

If you sincerely wish to take an active role to curtail this activity I would suggest that first you invest abit of time and connect yourself with the people and agencies that can clarify the laws govening such behavior.

I personally am not familiar with the AZ laws pertaining to this type of activity but I did a quick search and came up with what seems to be a good place to start getting the answers that you would need to proceed if possible to do what you can to stop this.

here is a link which has numerous contacts,I would think with a few phone calls you would be directed to where and who you need to speak with.

Animal Cruelty Taskforce of southern Arizona

I hope that you act upon your wish and it results in a benefical outcome for these animals and future animals.

If you find that Laws need to be reformed then lobby for it.

Here in Missouri it is an ongoing struggle as many of the ppl here know to improve the situation that exsists with regards to animal welfare especially (at least for myself) with regards to puppymills and byb's.

I wish you the best of luck and whatever small assisstance I might be able to provide from the distance.

We are the stewards of all life on this planet and our actions during our brief stewardship will effect those to follow.

Wisdom and rights mean NOTHING if not put into motion.

Call the humane society, they can at least get them for having them un shaded and hot, they can also get them for endangering the pups. Animal cruelty doesn't stop at the city limits. I would do what mado says call and call and call. Also get a local paper with a soft spot for animals to make thier lives miserable. You could alwayss sick the animal rights folks on them, that may work. Maybe call pit bull rescue, they may have an idea of what to do that will get the idiots out of the sun, which seems to have already baked their brains :rolleyes:

Andrea D.

Thank you, IronHorse. I wrote down the animal cruelty task force public reporting line phone number from the website at the link you gave. I will keep it in my truck and next time I see that happening( which will be soon) I will call from my cell phone and report it. Might take several calls but maybe eventually something will be done. Of course, if the animals were impounded they would then have an extremely high probability of being killed, because the shelters here don't even keep pit bulls very long; there are too many of them. Still, I will report it and see what happens. I am not a political lobbier, so I won't go the route of trying to change laws myself, but maybe I can put something into motion, perhaps with the media, as you suggested. You never know what one move to try to change something might lead to, after all.

You never know what one move to try to change something might lead to, after all.
One move is motion,and motion is movement, and movement shapes and changes our universe with each moment.

Keep us posted of any developments.