BC Boards

blessing in disguise

For the last 45 minutes I have been super gluing individual carpet strands back into their respective places. I am writting this while Chris is at the store, fetching another supply of super glue. Our day had a really unusual start...

We awoke to a bi-pedal Ceana doing her best Michael Jackson Thriller impression on the bed. She then hopped off the bed and began to do laps around the house. She was so hyper even I could not go back to sleep! ( a very rare occurance) As i dragged my rear out of bed, crooked pony tail and all, she wizzes past me, jumps in the air, grabs a toy, returns to me and continues to shove it into me until a groggily agree to tug. Chris glares at me with a look half fraustration and half concern "I think she got into something." I went an looked at the trash can, lid closed and nothing on the floor. She couldn't have gotten into anything. Mean while the dog has now decided to jump up and down over and over again.

Chris had told me he was going to take her on a walk last night (107 is too hot to walk a dog in the day) and that I should not worry and I could go to bed early (8:30 ish). Well after a little bit of girlfriend torture he reveals he only took her out for ten minutes! :rolleyes: I don't need to tell you people why I now concluded was the reason for her hyper actions. Then he proceeds to tell me about a hole she dug us in the carpet... how sweet maybe her "grandma" can place her lugage in it. Oh did I forget to mention my psuedo mother in law will be in town early Saturday morning! My house looks like a tornado went through it (she took everything out of cabinets and closets she could open).

All I have to do is say the word walk and Ceana is at the door, tush on the floor, and with a tail that looks like it is on speed. So instead of her normal frisbee with Dad, she gets an extra long walk with Mom on which she has a 7 month lapse of trying to chase cars. Her sit and stay revert back to the two second puppy version, and I am strating to think Chris's theory may be the culpurate as well as the lack of exercise.

We get almost home and we see the neighbor with her two 1&1/2 lb little scotty dog looking things, and one of them is bounding for Ceana. (the typically dog aggressive dog) These dogs are the size of squirels with sweaters. (they are always clothed) She sits and stays for a moment and then snap!---her collar breaks-- There goes my dog. My only thought is oh my God she is going to eat that lady's dog! Before I can even try our new and improved recall she sniffs his butt. I eek out her name, she stops ,looks at me for an ok, but instead gets a gaping jaw... so she sniffs the next squirel dog and play bows.... HOLY F people she wanted to play with a new dog that wasn't a BC. What progress!

I tell my wounderful dog to sit and I scoop up my 29lb baby (who loves to be held) and start heading to our door. I was so proud of her behavior she even got two whole cookies! Later however I found an emptey Brownie rapper that she had dug out of the trash mysteriously without making a mess. Very Clever. There was no brownie in it when she got it though, just a couple of crumbs. I am going to go back to super gluing my carpet back together with a huge grin on my face...what a good girl.

Oh, I have a hole or two in my carpet from Usher's younger days- Can't really scold him when you're gone (or asleep) because you didn't see it happen. This, then later the door happened when I was gone in his early months- we went to crate then. A few months after that, he was good for a few hours and we let it go longer and longer. You can always get another carpet or door or anything else, but never another good (or bad- at the time) dog.

badboy003.jpg

LOL, that's just a normal morning, isn't it?! Ouzo managed to get in my purse last night and was trotting poudly with my checkbook in his mouth (paper = irresistable for him). This really pi$$ed me off and he got to wear the prong collar for 30 minutes: he hates even the sight of it, so having to simply wear it in the house is punishment for him. Did the trick, he came begging for forgivness and didn't leave my side for the whole time. No checkbook for Ouzo!

I know that feeling of pride when your dog does EXACTLY the opposite of what you expect. Maybe now she won't think of those lil "squirrels" as minions anymore. Good for you Ceana!!

I also know about the paper fettish....if there's a choice between thrown out scraps or a paper towel in the trash can...you better believe the paper towel is going to win out anyday. Another thing mine do is each the mulch out of the flower gardens. :rolleyes: Sometimes I wonder if they are getting enough fiber in their diet.

What a good girl!! That's great progress for her. It's always great to have them act so good after you work with them so much.

Here is my carpet and glue handy work. The hole was right by where the tip of the pen is and was about the same with(sp? sorry it is too late to think) and length as about 1/2 of the pen:

carpet.jpg

LOL the tip of the pen is covered in super glue. That is how I got all of my peices in place.