BC Boards

Update on the girls

Well, the lady called this morning and said she was bringing the girls back. She is in love with the girls. But, through conversation, in a nutshell, she doesn't feel her DH has come to terms with the loss of his beloved dog. It has been 4mos. and we both agree he needs to do some soul searching before the girls are placed permanately. I told her the girls are fine here, to take their time. She was most appreciative of that. She is going to work with DH and we are just going to take things slow. Some people don't realize the emotional toll a death can take. I think this was the case. So we will just try to help him work through this. It's not off by any means and I think it is a good thing to take things slow. When they go to a new home, I want it to be for good. So, all in all, it is still good. The girls were very happy to be home though!

DG,

The prospective adopters are being wise in their decision. I know what the DH is going thru. I'm not saying the same thing will happen with him but it took me 4 yrs to get over the death of my GS mix before I felt I could risk my heart again. When I felt it was time, we adopted JJ.

Too many times, people adopted pets to replace the ones they lost. IMO, that's a mistake. When they do that, people have a tendency to compare the new pet to the old and that's unfair to the new one. All pets should be loved for themselves and not live in the shadow of the past. These sound like very good people.

Guest WoobiesMom

I hope DH can get through his grief, they sound like a possibly perfect home. I waited a year and a half before opening my heart again. Even so, when Woobie got here, there were alot of new tears of happiness and sadness. I LOVED having dog smell in the house again! But it opened up alot of the old doubts about whether I'd done the right thing with Rush and his bloat. Some questions will never have good answers.

It's good they recognize they need to take it slow, I hope it works out for everyone.

Oh - don't know whether to be pleased or sad. The girls are so lucky that they have their home with you, just in case. And it's good that the couple are taking their time, and that the wife is acknowledging the husband's grief and his need for time - they sound even more like they would be a good place for the girls, if that's how it works out.

Here's hoping that things will work out in the end - I'm glad they are thinking about the timing though. Fingers crossed for the girls and the potential adopters.

I'm glad they're thinking about it and not just jumping in to get another one to replace the one they lost. I agree, it's never a good idea to "replace" a lost dog. Maybe get one to help you get through it. But be sure that you know it's a totally different dog.

I'm hopeing that they'll work through it and adopt them. It sounds like a great home. I'm sure glad they have such a good home with you though. Thanks again for taking such good care of them.