BC Boards

Ling is such a DORK! We were just out in the back yard playing ball, and the kiddie pool is out and just got emptied and refilled with clean water this morning. Ling got hot and ran over to it and dropped her ball in, jumped in and laid down to cool off for a sec, just like she should. Then she stood up and promptly proceeded to squat and pee right in the pool!!!! What is she, five? (actually she is, but not in dog years!)

We use the pool to dip our feet in, rinse the ball, and the other dog drinks out of it occasionally. So now I have to go empty it again and refill it. So inconsiderate!

Haha! That reminds me of my little Wrenny Roo. She just wouldn't pee when we brought her home. It was 24 hours since we'd taken her from her temporary foster family and they said she hadn't done any business for two days before that! We have a huge, 1.5 acre pond in our backyard and when she finally DID pee, she waded out into the pond (for the first time, I might add), peed, and waded back out. We thought we had adopted a pretty strange dog. :rolleyes:

Piper pees while lying down. She hikes her back end up just enough for ground clearance and has at 'er. If you don't know her, and don't know by the angle of her tail what's going on, you really have no idea she's pottying herself.

RDM

Pepper tried that one too. Got yelled at and never did it again. Lol...Poppy pees lying down too...haha. Just lifts his tail. :rolleyes:

I haven't seen Starr pee in a pool but she pees in the stream all the time.

She has the "super deluxe" turtle shaped cooling off pool. :rolleyes:

starrinpool.jpg

Our dogs have a rather large drinking bowl and Wollie has relieved himself in it more than once - and then the other dogs are like: "Now WE have to drink that???!!!! And that means cleaning the bowl and refilling it... again LOL Maybe they want the water to themselves??? :rolleyes:

I have two girls who pretty consistently will pee in the kiddie pools around here. Most often it is after they have been working sheep. So I am guessing that they need to go and don't realize it until they hit the cold water.

Kathy

That's funny!! :D

How about peeing ON the pool? Mine did that the other day. Just before he got in he peed right on the side. Oh well, I only get in it with him once in a while, and play with him after, oh yeah and dry him off with the peed in water. :rolleyes:

lol, I want to get one of those! It looks tougher than Lance's kinda flimsy one.

That turtle pool is a kid's sandbox I bought for my oldest daughter when she was a toddler. It's about 15 years old. It's tough as nails although I did take a file to the eyes so there weren't any sharp spots.

We needed a cooling off pool because our stream has finally succumb to the drought, and that's been hanging out in the yard, so, that's what we've got.

Piper pees while lying down. She hikes her back end up just enough for ground clearance and has at 'er. If you don't know her, and don't know by the angle of her tail what's going on, you really have no idea she's pottying herself.

RDM

Larky does the same thing. It's as if she can't be bothered to take the time to really go pee as she's busy staring at the other dogs and waiting for something to happen. She's the only one of my dogs that does this.

On the other hand, most of my bitches will pee in the stock tank after being worked or whatever water tub is being used for cooling off. It doesn't seem to bother them to then drink, nor does it bother the other dogs. But it is why I try to provide a tub for cooling off that *isn't* the sheep's water, because while dogs will drink/eat all sorts of what we would consider "icky" things, I don't expect my sheep to.

J.