BC Boards

Please send Tikkle your prayers

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The recuperative powers of an otherwise healthy Border collie is an astounding force of nature.

Truer words were never spoken! This is the THIRD time this pup has defied what would do in most others (VERY long story about her mother and emergency surgery mid-pregnancy, then coming down with TICK disease just before whelping--hence her name). It seems Tikkle still has much to do on this plane--there are evidently LOTS of calves for her still to deal with!

Thanks again to everyone!

Anna and Tikkle

Yahooey! Christ-bless! Am so very thrilled about Tikkle's amazing, splendid recovery. Whoop, whoop hurray for Tikkle! And oh, that picture, she is such a delight and what spirit! bless her! Now I get to do my midnight update yahooey, dance across the room hooray, long distance! Yayyy for Tikkle!!

What a great way to start Monday morning! That is such good news. Have a great road trip to Wyoming!! And I'll keep sending good thoughts your way :rolleyes:

I usually dont access the board over the weekend...just to busy :rolleyes:). But when reading about your little girly and finding out that she was almost 100% brought tears of relief to my eyes. After hearing so many horror stories about foxtails I thank the gods that be there are none in my area! Be well Tikkle enough giving your mom grey hair!

What a sad time for Tikkle. I am very sad. That is like a horror trip for you and Trikkle.

My thoughts are with you, Anna and Trikkle. I send good vibrations. Hope, it helps a little bit.

I wish Trikkle all the very best and hope very much that Trikkle is very fine soon.

Another update...just got back from finals (we won't talk about how the cattle kicked our butts, although we were in VERY good company, as many great handlers and dogs got soundly kicked, too). :rolleyes: Tikkle spent the weekend hanging out and by Friday it seemed evident that her vision was apparently back to normal--she was watching the cattle at about 300 yards! Yipee! Her coordination has pretty much come back, too, although she is still not supposed to be very active for the rest of this week. She seems to be her same old self, although still a bit more immature than she was, socially, before this happened. But she gets better every day, and at this point I would be really surprised if she doesn't continue to come back to 100%. I can start to work her after this weekend, and we'll start with sheep back to the beginning and see how much she remembers...

Thanks again to everyone!

A