BC Boards

poor Misty and her teensy feet! lol

ok Misty tends to burn her pads pretty easy, so I was looking into these bootys for Misty and Electra so they would not burn their feet on the asphalt when pulling in the summer(the boots are designs like runners, so they would provide grip and air flow) well it said to measure the dogs feet width wise with the dogs weight on the foot. ok so I measured Leck..she would need a medium with a width of just under 3". then I measured Misty, it no wonder I cant find anything that will stay on her feet, the extra small is 2 1/4" mistys foot spread measurment? 1". :rolleyes:

lol here is a pic I took while back, its Mistys paw next to Happys paw, the arrows point to the the foot bends, so you can see how small Mistys foot in compared to Happys, Happys paw is the smae said as lecks, Leck is just heavier on her feet, whcih is why her foot spread is so wide, without the weight on them her feet are much smaller lol

91ce6a4d.jpg

Dazzle's paws are about 1.25". So not big, but not tiny either. :D

Peanut and Popcorn's are about 0.5" :D

Jackson (the aussie PUPPY) has HUGE legs and paws. He won't hold still but somewhere around at least 2" :rolleyes:

I did the same thing at the start of winter. Sat in the middle of the pet store with Meg, a peice of paper and a pencil stub. I kept taking the measurement because I was sure that it couldn't possibly be correct. 1 1/4" When we tried on XS, she immediatly started acting like she was in a bear trap and had to gnaw her leg off. Sigh.

• 3 weeks later...

I was browsing the Drs Fosters and Smith website, and saw that they have "muttluks" on clearance: boots and Hott Doggers. They go down to "itty-bitty" in size (= 1.5" long, width unspecified), so thought I would post in case you haven't found anything for Misty yet. BTW, I misremembered who needed them and couldn't figure out why I was having poor results searching for "Happy Feet".