BC Boards

Meeker Classic photos

Valhalla

Just don't come at hunting season unless you hunt. It is a madhouse in town!!!

The rest of the year, Meeker is GREAT! The wildlife in spectacular, there are BC's everywhere, Caves to go explore, fishing and camping, and hiking!

I have lived here for almost 5 yrs and my parents have been here for over 20 yrs.

Lana

Hey Laura! How the heck are ya??? I'll be putting pics of the Finals up soon, so Zac will be a poster child as well. Is he still staring at his picture?

Andrea, I told Kate that I had taken pics of her at Meeker, but I don't have an e-mail address for her. Do you? Thanks for Dal's dogs name. I'll fix that.

Julie, try refreshing the page. That happened to me as well.

I'm doing good Christine. Guess what? My hubby's taking me up to Deadwood this weekend for a belated anniversary date. Try two year's late! I've been at the final's the last two year's on our anniversary and we've never made up for it.

I have a picture of Zac checking himself out in that picture. I'll try to get it put up on my website tomorrow so you can see it.

Deadwood, how cool! I hope you guys have a superb time! Don't gamble away too much money and, by all means, don't get nervous.... those hives may come back. :D I should have gotten a picture of you with your hives and under it could read the caption "If you make it into the Double Lift at the National Finals, this may happen to you!"

I was there when your friend took the photo of Zac staring at his picture. That was the funniest thing, especially when he tried to nip at McCloud's picture hanging next to his.

Oh and one more thing... I think Jag wants to live in VA! :rolleyes:

Oh, I do enough gambling with dog trialing, Deadwood's just for fun! :D

Yep, I could be the poster child for "Nerves are Us"! When I was rodeoing full time, I couldn't eat for at least a day before a big event for fear I wouldn't be able to hold it down. I really thought I'd settled down with age. Go figure! :rolleyes:

I don't think Jag would hold up well to your humidity back there.

Great photos Christine. I was out at Badlands the first year I went to the O'Donnell's trial at Keldron and went totally snap happy. Got up at dawn (something I usually reserve for dog trials) just to get the light after a big storm.

Laura, you should have told us it was your anniversary at the Finals. I for one, would have been HAPPY to have them announce it just before your run and brought you a cake and everthing just before your run - not to distract you or make you more nervous understand but because we're all so darned nice.

Pearse

Hey Laura and Pearse,

I haven't met either of you yet (although I think I've met your girlfriend, Pearse), but nonetheless I want to congratulate both of you on making the final cut. Quite an accomplishment.

I'd love to hear more about your experiences. Vicarious pleasure for those of us who couldn't make it out, eh?

Andrea

Christine, I asked Jag his opinion and although he'd like to visit VA, he wants a string attached to me so he doesn't forget his way HOME!

Pearse, people were offering me all sorts of drinks on Sunday (my 13th anniversary :eek: ) and I'm thinking now that I should have taken them up on it! I'm sure it was all out of the goodness of their hearts as well.

Andrea,

The course at the finals was a lot of fun. Pretty straight forward for our area (I'm only 2 hours away from Sturgis). The sheep were quite heavy and I was relieved to see that as my dog makes flighty sheep want to jump the moon. Zac has been known to finish a 12 minute course in 5 minutes in his younger days (he's settling a bit) and that's with hitting all the panels. The sheep were very typical of undogged range ewes where they are more leary of the handler than the dog.

The double lift course seemed extremely daunting to me as it was only my second time to try one off the place. I learned that just because I use a look back at home all the time, I really need to practice more disciplined ones on a regular basis.

As of now, I still do better in trials that require more dog than handler. To me it seemed like this was one of thos kind of trials. You know, the 70 point trials instead of the 90 point ones. A friend told me who Zac reminds her of most the other day, Larry the Cable Guy. He's a bit rough around the edges, but he'll always "git'er done"!

I'm going to try to attach a picture of Zac that was taken at the finals. The framed picture is of him during the semi-finals run. Fogt's took it. He saw it hanging on the wall in the tent and just couldn't take his eyes off of himself. We'd walk away and I'd ask, "Where's Zac?" and he'd run right back and stare at himself again. Too funny!!

zacpic.jpg

Brilliant Laura. What a ham.

Did you buy the picture? Hard to resist when it's already been printed and framed, isn't it?

I'd love to hear more on how western trials differ from ours. I've heard, for example, that Rambouillets require a different 'angle of attack', as it were, because of the wool on their faces, and that it takes dogs some time to adjust.

A