BC Boards

AKC- closed studbooks?

sea4th

Oh. Someone who is looking to register her ABC dog told me she went on the website to find out and it states there that the books were closed Jan. 06. I guess I could have muddled through their website, but I got other things to do. Thank you.

Open registration ended January 06, and the studbook is now closed to all dogs registered with imaginary border collie registries. However, dogs registered with real border collie registries (ABCA, AIBC, NASDS, CBCA, and ISDS)are welcome to register with the AKC forever. So the border collie registration situation after January 06 is exactly the same as it was before January 06, except that AKC can say the studbook closed.

Don't ask me to explain -- I only watch in bemused despair.

Originally posted by Eileen Stein:

Open registration ended January 06, and the studbook is now closed to all dogs registered with imaginary border collie registries. However, dogs registered with real border collie registries (ABCA, AIBC, NASDS, CBCA, and ISDS)are welcome to register with the AKC forever.

Maybe we should all start registering our dogs with these Imaginary Border Collie Registries. IBCR, is it? I think I?ll look them up! :rolleyes:

The AKC Stud Books are only Open to dogs and puppies who's owners and breeders see fit to register them.

If buyers keep their priorities straight and only buy from breeders whom are sticking to their breed?s true purpose in life and only registers with a registry that supports that purpose and that purpose only, this breed, which so many of us have been entrusted with, will survive this horrific tragedy within it's history.

Katelynn