BC Boards

ABC Magazine SDT

Lucky you! It's beeyootiful this time of year! Three years ago we came up and camped - lovely setting though right cold first thing that weekend.

It's right up 29 - I think about 30 minutes north of Lynchburg. I'm sure someone else will reply with more specific directions.

These are the directions that came on my entry form:

US 29 to Lovingston. East on route 56 thru Shipman, then right on route 647 for a few miles, then left at dirt road, stay left for 1 mile and trial field is on your right. I am hoping somewhere close to the trial field I will start seeing posted signs directing towards the trial.

I was up towards Winston Salem, NC today working and noticed how the leaves are starting to change...I am sure this will be a very enjoyable fall ride. Just for the hey of it I am throwing my winter coat in the car...

Good idea Kim, it's supposed to be cool this weekend. I hope to make it up Saturday and will find you if I do...is Novice running first? I'm taking Wick to my chiropractic vet up there to have her back looked at tomorrow...she whacked it pretty good when she slammed into a fence post. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the directions, I was too lazy to go search through sheepdog-l myself. :D

Laura - if you come up please do find me...I have not seen you in ages! I am running Trip PN both runs Sunday...I am not driving up until Saturday. I may pull Abby from NN...had my lesson this morning and we have some work to do on her lie down...but things are looking optimistic that her and I may run a field together one day! Drive carefully this weekend. Good luck with Wick...I hope everything is good news.

well good and bad news...good she can still walk and trot a bit (for hers and my sanity), bad she injured a rib and is out of commission for a few weeks. :rolleyes: But we'll still come up and watch and cheer(jeer?) everyone on. What time are you getting up there Saturday? I can't come Sunday, so will miss your PN runs, but would still like to see you!

-L

I guess everyone got home OK...due to the great cosmic conspiracy going on against me..one of the dogs had an accident (in the bathroom thankfully) so I AGAIN HAD TO GET UP BEFORE 7 AM! Crap! Then the phone starts ringing at 8...so guess what, I have done my work for the day, I am TAKING A NAP! Anyone who calls is dead meat! Peg looked great Mark, I am so happy you finally got a dog! Tell Renee I have her on my list for Randy.

I just wish I could've seen everyone run ... got going late then had to leave for family things. I'm sure I'll see everyone around at more trials, although my pup's de-butt will have to be postponed b/c of recent injuries that are keeping her out of training. :rolleyes:

Kim, how'd ya do? missed ya Saturday.

-L

So, Sam, your dog had an accident in the bathroom? Leave it to you to have them so well trained they go in the bathroom instead of the living room!

And you think you had a bad day, I got home after dark and still had to feed the cattle. The heifers came up okay and that went reasonably except that the old Aussie busted them up and sent them back down the field when the young Border Collies were trying to bring them up and through the gate. Did I mention it was dark, the dogs are all black, and so are the heifers, so I could only hear but not see much of anything?

Then, after I dumped the water out of the trough for the cattle we are fattening (pasture plus citrus pulp), in the rain and in the dark, I got my foot stuck under the trough and felt back down into ... well, you-know-what. It had been pouring all afternoon, the ground was all chewed up from cow hooves since we've been feeding there for a week, and it was covered with soupy poopy. Did I mention it was dark and I couldn't see where I was sitting or where I put my knee when I rolled over or where I put my hand? Did I mention it was still raining? And dark?

Did I mention that I had to change the water filter so I could wash my clothes? And that the valve from the tank broke as I was turning the water back on? And that I then found out that the filter housing was not on right and the gasket was crooked and water was spurting all over and I couldn't do anything about it because I couldn't shut off the valve and the wiring is so screwed up in this house that if I turned off the electicity to the pump it would turn off the electricity to the basement and I couldn't see what I was doing? And that I had to unscrew the housing all the way off and straighten out the gasket and screw it all the way back on, with it spurting water under pressure all over the place the whole time? Including on me in my clean, dry bunny jammies that I put on after my shower that I took to scrub the cow poopy off that got on me when I got my foot stuck under the trough and fell down in the mud?

Anyway, glad to hear from Sam and Mark and Denise and know that you are all back, safe and sound, from the ABC Mag Trial. And again, I missed Alasdair running Bill! I will never get to see him run that dog!

It's probably the ONLY class I will every win! Since part of it happened outside, does that make it an OPEN level class? Probably not.

Hey, how come there isn't an "Under the Handlers' Tent" thread for the ABC Mag SDT? People like me have been waiting for you to start it. Have you contacted Eileen about the idea of "Under the Handlers' Tent" for a new forum? Or did you real working Border Collie folks get talked out on the last thread?

Hi Sue, Alasdair didn't run Bill this past weekend so you didn't miss it. He moved his Nursery dog, Knight, up to Open instead.

And Sam, of course, was Sunday's big winner - taking both Pro Novice classes with Libby! And it was not an easy task with those crazy sheep...

Sam, will that one horned cinnamon ewe be dinner soon?

thank you thank you...I am just happy she completed an outrun...My little princess!

I have been gunning for that damn ewe for two years. I should have knocked her other stump off her friggin pointy head when I had her alone in the trailer, but I was too busy shaking off the pee and poo. I HATE HER! My condolences to anyone unluky enough to draw her this past weekend.

Doggone it, is there a new rule that you have to be a redhead to win? Well, I guess I could just dye my hair if that's the case. But there's just nothing I could do to manage the "so young and accomplished" part of it.

Congrats, Sam, that's one nice dog you have there, along with all the other nice dogs and pups you have!