BC Boards

spectrum 10 with lyme vaccine

yes,,and my dog got that with no problem at all but im wondering about the lyme disease vaccine in it. What do you base your comment on? educated comment or not....... meaning is it based on your experiences? I used 7 ways for 40 years on all my german sheperds and wolf hybrids with no problems. I ran a kennel for 30 yrs and sold many pups but at that time lyme disease wasnt an issue.

I find this global minimalistic approach to vaccination somewhat scary. We are in a rural area with endemic lymes disease. Web crawlers are willing to take your recommendations over their local vets because you are an “expert” in vaccinations. Where are your credentials that make you this expert. Disclaimers for following the veterinary recommendations in a clients area are small and meaningless to a client. I feel you are not helping protect pets throughout the United States with these protocols. Unfortunately when dogs contract lyme or lepto it won’t be you they are mad at, it will be us.

On 6/13/2022 at 12:59 PM, steve snyder said:

I find this global minimalistic approach to vaccination somewhat scary. We are in a rural area with endemic lymes disease. Web crawlers are willing to take your recommendations over their local vets because you are an “expert” in vaccinations. Where are your credentials that make you this expert. Disclaimers for following the veterinary recommendations in a clients area are small and meaningless to a client. I feel you are not helping protect pets throughout the United States with these protocols. Unfortunately when dogs contract lyme or lepto it won’t be you they are mad at, it will be us.

So are you AKA Melanie Bell or just copying and pasting other people's comments from other websites? This is word for word lifted from a comment under that name in the link Journey provided above.

If you do some research you'll discover that overloading the immune system with ever increasing loads of various vaccines at the same time can backfire. I see no reason to add yet another vaccine, and one as questionable as Lyme vaccine at that, to an already overloaded cocktail of vaccines.

If you don't care to heed the recommendations of some of the foremost animal vaccine researchers in the country (e.g. Drs. Dodds and Schultz) that's certainly your prerogative. But your anecdotal and limited unscientific personal experience won't be enough to make me throw caution and common sense to the wind.

The reason I asked the question was due to some things I read on the net regarding the lyme vax from others. As I said ...they were old post but all i could find.  And to gentle lake,,,no im not and not pretending to be. I just posted it from the same link that journey provided showing other comments made in regards to it. I was not asking about vaccine overloads etc....I was specifically asking about the lyme vax as I read some very negative things online about it. I have personally never experienced any adverse effects from combo vaccines as stated. As in all things if it works for you fine,if not then by all means do what you feel necessary. I know I will.