BC Boards

Vomiting a few days after Hydrogen Peroxide given

CSW

This follows another post I started 3 days ago. On Wednesday night I gave 35 pound Star 10 ml of hydrogen peroxide to vomit up part of a knit glove. It worked and I am sure we got it all out. She is now vomiting again and has emptied her stomach, mainly of liguid, but not bile. I called the emergency vet and they said to "monitor it." Star had been eating normally since the hydrogen peroxide was given and is walking around the house now. I think her stomach is empty now. I am asking if others have had a delayed reaction of upset tummy after giving the hydrogen peroxide. Would you take her in to the vet for this?

Thanks. I gave her some pumpkin with water, just a small amount and see if that stays down, if not I will take her in. She was wagging her tail when she got up. Last night she had a normal BM late in the evening. This morning outside to relieve herself as normal.

I thought I had all the glove. The snow is melting and I wonder too if she got a pine cone. My neighbor has a pine tree that drops little cones in my yard and I try to keep them raked up. She will scavage around outside, lots of rabbit pooh showing up as the snow melts too and I call her off of that all the time. I did give her some canned food this morning. Normally she gets kibble and canned later in a kong. She belched (unusual) after the canned food and has been playful. I am watching her closely.

Thanks. She had normal potty trips all day. 2 BMs very normal looking. I gave her some Peptid AC 1 hour before giving her some canned food for dinner, no kibble, in case she is having trouble with acid. She coughed a little, I mean just one little cough, so I gave her some pumpkin with a bit a water and she seemed just fine. It was a new bag of Canidae she had for dinner last night, but I looked at the kibble and it seems very normal.

• 2 weeks later...