BC Boards

Do your dogs fight over a spot

My boys both want a certain spot on the bed.

If Loki is there, Tex gets on the bed and just plows right over him and lays down. Poor little fellow gets squished and has to wiggle out from under Tex.

Tex the tank is very determined to sleep on his pillow.

By the way, they are playing tug now. Tex will bring the toy over, Loki will grab the other end and away they go.

Tex has no problem finding Loki when hes still. It's only when he is moving quickly (playing) that Tex loses track.

Tex knows perfectly well that Loki is on his pillow. Tex isn't subtle and doesn't waste time arguing. It's "Loki move or become a puppy pancake."

*choke* LOL!!! I wonder if that will still work as Loki grows up? (I forget how old he is now)

My two actually seem to respect when someone's in the other spot... even though Zeeke is clearly the more dominant dog, if Zoe's on the pillow he'll lay elsewhere (after walking back and forth and staring for a while). Most of the time if one of them moves, the other runs over and takes the spot. They just really don't argue about anything except bones sometimes.

Our pups get jealous of a spot if it is near their person but it generally only turns into god natured wrestling as these two are pretty bonded.

And this month in particular they are bonding pretty tight to us individually.

Pepper knows Jeff is her person, and Poppy knows I am his person, and we are reinforcing that every day at the park, and now they have it down real good now! :rolleyes: