BC Boards

Finding the perfect BC... Western PA

I know this isn't popular with this board but Ammardan has some really nice dog that they have produced. It kind of depends on which lines you go with. The lines that go back to ABCA lines are pretty good. :) I know a handful and they are really nice and they also do agility pm me if you would like to talk to some of the owners.

Maybe I didn't look properly, but I saw no evidence of working dogs. Way too much blue merle and other "fancy" colors.

Two very interesting faces.

post-10533-0-32169900-1398289397_thumb.jpg

post-10533-0-24871700-1398289423_thumb.jpg

I find the face of the black and white dog to be very appealing, but there seems to be an emphasis on colors and markings.

And yes, they are showing AKC. A lot. <_<

Oooh, I saw Jay on Facebook. He sounds great! If he's not the one, keep looking. All kinds of dogs end up in rescue. If it's a puppy you want, Blue Ridge BCR just got a litter of 9 week old purebred BC pups. Freaking adorable! They're probably not even listed, but I can give you a name. If you want a smart, affectionate, active companion, you will find that in rescue.

Not that I'm anti-breeder, mind you. :D I just know more about rescues! Of the breeders you mentioned, the only one I know is Off On, and they are strictly breeding for sports.

I got the impression that they(Ammardan) can claim they're champions bc they are also AKC registered... but I'm not that familiar with any of that lingo.

Yeah, beautiful dogs, but I did notice lots of blue merle dogs...

I don't see why anyone would think that Ammarden even approaches a quality breeder of border collies they have no working dogs, just working " lines", wherever that is. They are AKC and color breeders. They advertise on equine internet sites to sell puppies and even on Nextday pets. Stay away. Stay far far away.

The Ammardan site is rather interesting. I see a number of dogs listed as Champion and then as ABCA registered. Since that's not supposed to be possible, I wonder what sort of champions these dogs have on them.

J.

I saw only two dogs listed as ABCA registered, and they were older, retired dogs not listed as Champions. As far as I can tell, this breeder registers with AKC only. She advertises "Border Collies for the pet home or the show ring."

Eileen,

It was on their "Roll of Honor, Bred by Ammardan" page, under the "Conformation" heading:

CHAMPION Sierra (ABCA)
"Sierra" Bred by Sarah Warm

CHAMPION Dorothy Jane (ABCA) "Dottie"

BSP Ellie Blue (ABCA)
"Ellie" (Bred by Brian Patterson )Major pointed

Looking again, it was only these three, and the last one apparently doesn't have its CH. It's not clear who owns these dogs or if they're being bred or having pups registered with ABCA, but it's interesting that they all have non-KC type names, which would make sense if they are ABCA registered (not wanting to call attention to themselves as conformation dogs?).

As others have noted, this is not a breeder I would support in any way.

J.