BC Boards

Crufts activities live streaming

Oh good. Agility has finished. So I can go to do other things.

One question: I noticed all of the dogs had formal registered names. Is this common?

Yes. When registering with the KC a dog has to have a name that won't allow confusion with any other dog currently around whether on the breed or activity register.

Our first 4 choices were thrown out because they were too similar to others.

How does registration work where you are?

Hmmm...not sure I would like to listen to an announcer during the runs.

You don't notice it in the ring - too busy concentrating on running your dog.

There can be up to 6000 members of the general public watching in the Arena and most won't know anything about agility so a commentator is rather expected. Not usual in agility though.

LOL!! I haven't been. I have it silent because I have to right now. Good to know not to put the sound on once I can.

Depends whether you are interested in biographical details - dog or human.

And if you listen to what is said it can give you an idea of our attitudes here.

I just watched the Jumpers rounds. That small dog, Betsy (BC X Corgi?) was a hoot - and fast too.

Re: registration names. I don't know much about it. My dog is registered with Kennel Name and his one syllable everyday name. I am not creative enough to think of the fancy names.

For me the whole thing demonstrates that anyone can do more than they might be doing with their own dog, whatever it may be.

There are 5 other large halls, 4 of which have breed showing in part of them, but it's so easy to ignore it.

I always get a little post Crufts rush of people contacting me wanting to try agility.

I agree!!!

I just found out that Greg Derret? is coming to the US and right within 15 miles of my house later this year. Am seriously considering getting a slot bot because of the agility only but the precision and bond. We only dink around in agility. So for me it is not that big of a deal and I need to see if I can find the money.