BC Boards

Had an accident...

Ok, so we were going to the park like we usually do and I put him in his crate in the car, and as we're driving he decides to pee! He has never done this before. Usually I take him out to pee before we leave but today we were in a bit of a hurry and I didn't take him out first... knowing that he can hold it for up to 6 hours and he had just gone two hours before. It was a LOT of pee, too. Could this have just been a one time, he really had to go thing? And what could/can I really do about it(besides making sure to take him out first, obviously) I was driving so I couldn't exactly stop him, pull over, and take him out to go potty in the "right" place.

Now I'm worried he'll do it at home in his xpen, while I'm at work, so I was planning on leaving him in just his crate at home.

Maybe he didn't go when you let him out earlier or maybe he drank a lot of water. I wouldn't assume that you are going to have a problem, he probably wasn't really happy about the whole experience either.

Maybe he didn't go when you let him out earlier or maybe he drank a lot of water.

He definitely peed when we went out earlier, before we played, then we played and he ate a lot of snow(probably why he peed so much) and then he peed again before we went inside.

I think he was just excited going in the car(cause we go fun places in the car) and having eaten so much snow.

He didn't pee in his pen while I was at work today

And we pulled out two more teeth while we were playing tug tonight :wacko::huh::lol:

He's a good boy, he's so smart but he can't seem to figure out the names of his toys. Learns tricks really fast but having a really hard time with names of toys.

He definitely peed when we went out earlier, before we played, then we played and he ate a lot of snow(probably why he peed so much) and then he peed again before we went inside.

I've discovered that dogs REALLY need to pee twenty minutes or so after swimming or eating snow. I try to monitor both carefully now, and limit duration, because if they need to pee as badly as they do, it suggests they could be at risk for water intoxication.

If a dog pees in the house or in the crate this soon after swimming or playing in the snow, I chalk it up to my bad. Limit duration of play in snow (or swimming), or offer more frequent trips outside afterwards to pee.

Don't forget that most dogs, don't want to go to the bathroom in their crate. This is most likely as others have said due to excitiment and not having a bathroom break before getting in the car. If you go back to tour old routine of taking him to go pee first you should be fine.

Am I the only one that feared something more dramatic than a wet crate reading the topic title?

Happy it wasn´t though!

We have our own share of "accidents" at the moment, having taken on a new puppy recently.

OK, Congrats on the new pup --- but where are the pics? (or have I missed them)

If there is a puppy in the picture, it's a great picture. If there is a BC puppy in the picture, it's a fantastic picture. Get real!!

I don't post pictures because I can't get them at all. My two were snuggled up on the couch yesterday and I thought it was adorable so I whipped out my iPod and they both got up and skidaddled.