BC Boards

Spoiled Absolutely Rotten!!!

Not my dog - me! I am being spoiled absolutely rotten by Miss Tessa!!

This past weekend we did some CPE Agility. It was exactly one year from our first CPE trial together, and what a difference a year makes!

First, our Level 2 Snooker run. This was a tougher Snooker than it looks. It was a bear to plan out and a lot of people ended up whistled off.

The delay at the beginning was a near major blooper on my part. I heard the tag on her regular collar jingle as I pulled off her martingale and realized I had forgotten to take that off. Then it took me a few seconds to decide what to do with it.

Check it out. I don't know how to embed videos on here, so just click the links to see the them.

We needed 28 points to Q in Snooker and we ended up with 44!!! :)

Spoiled, I tell you!

Then we ran Fullhouse. There were some turf issues at this place. They had resurfaced the floor and a lot of the fast dogs really struggled. Tessa's little slip was my fault because as she entered the tunnel, my body language told her we were going straight afterward and she wasn't prepared to make that sharp turn. I forgot my plan for a second and went back to catch that double at the last second. We didn't need it, and had I not gotten mixed up right then, I wouldn't have had her go back to take it.
But I love this run. I am really working on giving Tessa room to do her job out there, and I loved the results on this one.
First Level 3 Q!! :)
Back the next day for Standard, and our first successful competition teeter. I'm babysitting the ends of her contacts just a smidge. This is an old Maddie habit. Tessa doesn't need it and I need to start remembering not to do it with her.
Big improvement over our first Level 2 Standard attempt last fall, though. First Q with a teeter in the course!
And then . . . Jackpot! This was a non-traditional. No distance challenge. Had an opening and a close. For the close, you had to attempt three obstacles. No more, no less! The two jumps at the end were a combo and counted as one. The points on the first of the three were tripled, the points on the second of the three were doubled, and then the regular points were earned for the last one.
Then, in honor of National Puppy Day, if you called "I love my puppy" or some such to the judge, you got 5 bonus points!!!
First Level 2 Jackpot Q! I still haven't had a chance to try a distance challenge with Tessa and I am very eager to. I think she is actually going to like them.
No video of our last run of the weekend - Level 2 Colors, for our Level 2 Handler Games Title! It was a great run and we got it!!
She is making me spoiled, spoiled, and more spoiled! Her attitude alone is a dream, and she is getting to be a very, very nice Agility dog!! We have some fine tuning to do, but we have come leaps and bounds from where we were a year ago.
I don't consider us a green team anymore. I'd say now we're . . . yellow!! :)
Thanks for watching the videos of my girl!

that sounds like a great time! you 2 looked fab. congrats! many more Q's in your future. good luck. see you at the start line!

Thank you, for the feedback and well-wishes!! :)

speckle-legged dog, please let us know how it went/goes! I wish you all the best!

When Dean is running Agility again (soon soon soon), I am going to do some more NADAC with him. I've been saying that for years and haven't done much, but I know now I need to make it happen.