BC Boards

How big are your collies?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gloria, I'd never measured mine either, but I was curious; this link shows how to get a valid measurement.

Thanks! I don't have a carpenter's level, I did manage to apply a tape measure to two of my dogs. Kind of. Gael kept hiding behind me while I turned and turned in circles to find her, but I finally managed to get her to stand. :P

She is @ 20 inches and 30 lbs. Nick is @ 22 -1/2 inches and 48 lbs.

Whew. :)

~ Gloria

Wow, how long does it take to go through it all?

Not the person you asked but I go through 40 lbs in a little over three weeks for five out of my six dogs. My other dog eats a different food and it usually takes him about 2 months to go through 40#.

Editing to add: I guess in interest of full disclosure Zippy, the Papillon, is only about 11 lbs. He eats about 1/3 to 1/2 cup kibbles daily, so he doesn't exactly make much of a dent in things.

And it would take me way less time to go through than Laura! I have 10 border collies and two livestock guard dogs. Four of the border collies eat a different food. The remaining six border collies and two guard dogs go through a 40-lb bag in a week. The most any one dog eats is 2.5 cups a day, and that's the border collie who does the most work; the rest (including the LGDs) eat 2 cups or less per day.

J.

Archived