BC Boards

Pup coloring

What age does a pup show its adult coloring.

All my pups were black with a little white.

But one pup seems to be roaning?

What age does a pup show its adult coloring.

All my pups were black with a little white.

But one pup seems to be roaning?

Brodie seemed to gain a few more pronounced spots on his legs as he grew out of puppyhood....kind of like a Dalmatian. They may have been always there and we never noticed, but they seemed new...

Liz

C:\Users\Owner\Pictures\Picasa\Exports\2011-05-09 fleece\fleece 003.JPG

Did this work???? What exactlly is happening?

Cruel fate is denying us puppy pictures!

I think instead of referencing the address of the picture stored on picassa's servers, you are still referencing the address of the picture on your computer. I don't use picassa myself, I use a site called photobucket, but when you go into picassa, and highlight or select the photo there, select "copy image location" then click on the 7th icon over at the top of the post on the boards. Copy the information into that box. It should start with "http"

Tea

This references your C: drive....not gonna' work. You need to upload your photo to a host.....like Picasa or Photobucket. Those sites will provide an image link to paste in.

I haven't seen your pup, much less the parents....but I understand that the sire is from Geri Byrne. Does he have sable in his coat? If you part his coat are there white or tan hairs underneath? On pups, this can show up as a vibrant color in the coat and softens with age.

Just guessing, absent a photo.

Boy- I am really bad at this.

Lets see- Sweep is black and white no other color under fur.

From Geri- So some tris in there.

The mother is same

The pup is a light tri-color and the little thing is roaning. I will try later to put it up. But now my brain is spinning.

Thanks All

Is the coloring on her sides coming up from her elbow toward her withers? Lark has that--it's like a light stripe peeking through on either side. Some time ago, I was told she was an extended tri. But she has a sable great grandsire, and after discussions about tri on this forum, I wonder if it's not some sort of expression of sable. She also has black-tipped brown hairs on her head/face. It looks perfectly black, but if you rub the hair backward, there's a rich chestnut brown beneath. So I would guess you're perhaps seeing some influence of sable genetics. But that's just a guess.

J.

Here are some (rather bad) photos of Lark that I just took. The sun interfered a bit as it's hard to tell the light spots from the glossy sunlit spots, but here goes (Lark is not a fan of being photographed up close and personal):

If you look closely, you can see some speckling on the face, and the greyish stripe that goes up just at the front of her ribcage:

IMG_3795.jpg

This shows the light stripe on her shoulder (look just at the edge of her ear), as well as some lightness along the back of her leg (she also has a touch of brindling going up her leg):

IMG_3794.jpg

More of the shoulder stripe:

IMG_3792.jpg

Another view:

IMG_3791.jpg

It's not as pronounced on Lark as it is on your pup, but it's there. Maybe you should change her name to Roan, lol!

J.

yeah it is very much like that. But your dog stayed mostly black...whew..

Roan or Mold

Archived