BC Boards

2012 International?

Smokjbc

I wonder if maybe they haven't decided yet. I did a Google search and all I could find was this year's (wow, it's a new year!) trial in Cumbria. I'd love to see that, sometime!

I'm going to the UK this spring, but it's at the very end of March/early April when nobody's trialing ... B)

Cheers ~

Gloria

I wonder if maybe they haven't decided yet. I did a Google search and all I could find was this year's (wow, it's a new year!) trial in Cumbria. I'd love to see that, sometime!

I'm going to the UK this spring, but it's at the very end of March/early April when nobody's trialing ... B)

Cheers ~

Gloria

I got a private email that says probably Wales. Have fun on your trip! I can live with Wales, I just didn't want it to be in Ireland since I hope to do some additional UK sightseeing.

I did a Google search and all I could find was this year's (wow, it's a new year!) trial in Cumbria.

Actually, the 2011 World Trial is in Cumbria, but the International is in Scotland. From the ISDS website:

The ISDS 2011 World Sheep Dog Trials will be held at the Lowther Estates, Cumbria, Northern England over 15 - 18 September 2011. The Lowther management are delighted that the event will be returning to where the ISDS held a very successful International Trial in September 2009. Invitations have gone out to all nations and local handlers should be aware of their national club's plans.

For those planning a 'trip to remember' to the UK it is ideally located in a beautiful part of Britain. The week before sees the ISDS International Trial take place in Tain, Ross-shire, (8 -10 September) in the far North of Scotland, and this would make it possible to see two great events in two excellent locations over the two weeks.

I didn't see any information on the 2012 International posted. But it looks like it's probably Wales's turn!

I believe each country has their turn in a rotation, so this year the International is in Scotland, so next country in the rotation is Wales.

I'd love to go to both.

ETA, if I do make it back to Scotland for the International this year, I plan to take some time and drive down to Wales.

Lord willin' and the creek don't rise.

Archived