BC Boards

Funny Border Collie Photo

Ooky

This is from the blog awkward family pet photos.com (a very funny blog if you've never checked it out before). It just made me laugh hysterically because it is so typical BC.

http://awkwardfamilypetphotos.com/2010/09/02/behind-the-awkwardness-big-bad-wolf/

It so reminds me of something I would do and Odin would do in return. I am a biologist and could see this happening to my family someday, if I bring back a dead badger to put in the freezer or something.

See, this is why I think everyone here should give thanks they are not married to a biologist. What went through my mind was something like...

Hmmm, that's a pretty good idea...but I don't have access to a wolf. What else is Christmas-y? Maybe an ermine...but that doesn't really seem, I don't know, GRAND enough for Christmas...anyway, looking at the photo I guess you can tell this idea is sort of doomed to poor execution.

And it is thoughts like this that could very well lead to, I don't know, a 6-month baby and horrified border collie posed next to a dead weasel on a Christmas card.

What does not surprise me in the least is the border collie having more sense than the mom :lol:

See, this is why I think everyone here should give thanks they are not married to a biologist. What went through my mind was something like...

Hmmm, that's a pretty good idea...but I don't have access to a wolf. What else is Christmas-y? Maybe an ermine...but that doesn't really seem, I don't know, GRAND enough for Christmas...anyway, looking at the photo I guess you can tell this idea is sort of doomed to poor execution.

And it is thoughts like this that could very well lead to, I don't know, a 6-month baby and horrified border collie posed next to a dead weasel on a Christmas card.

What does not surprise me in the least is the border collie having more sense than the mom :lol:

Now see, I read it that the mom thought that this was a really "festive" but "serious" idea with the whole poem and all.... The way you describe it makes it sound like a funny "goof" on the fact that you are a biologist. :lol: I'm a tax accountant... I guess we don't do funny things like this... I could send everyone holiday spreadsheets! :o

If you ever do it, let me know. I'll send you my address so you can send me one. :D

Now see, I read it that the mom thought that this was a really "festive" but "serious" idea with the whole poem and all.... The way you describe it makes it sound like a funny "goof" on the fact that you are a biologist. :lol: I'm a tax accountant... I guess we don't do funny things like this... I could send everyone holiday spreadsheets! :o

If you ever do it, let me know. I'll send you my address so you can send me one. :D

I love the idea of Holiday Spreadsheets! Keep track of what you're looking for, what you've bought, how much you've spend, who's been naughty and who's been nice - I'd be in heaven. Can you tell I'm a professional organizer?

And, Ooky, sign me up for the stuffed weasel Christmas card, too. You could put a Santa hat on his little stuffed head.

Oooh, the Twelve Days of Christmas on a spreadsheet - stop me now, before it gets worse.

Ruth

Too funny! I especially like to read everyone's comments below the photo - sometimes

there are some real gems in there!

Archived