BC Boards

Baird Kennels

ejano

You would think so but I have no idea how AKC goes about investigating and/or disciplining breeders. If what the OP in the other thread said is true (and I have no reason to doubt it) and dogs/bitches are breeding indisciminantly, DNA testing would show that registrations based on Sire A breeding Dam B were false, and that should be grounds for disbarring the breeder and/or other disciplinary actions.

I would think that, unless puppy owners were to file complaints about an issue like this, there wouldn't be anything considered or pursued. Just a guess, though.

Poor dogs. As my dear, departed FIL would say, those are some sorry people. And "sorry" was the word he used to express extreme distain and disgust.

I would think that, unless puppy owners were to file complaints about an issue like this, there wouldn't be anything considered or pursued. Just a guess, though.

Poor dogs. As my dear, departed FIL would say, those are some sorry people. And "sorry" was the word he used to express extreme distain and disgust.

Yes, the AKC would investigate and potentially revoke a breeders ability to register with the AKC - so would the ABCA and the ISDA - IF complaints were filed. It happend to a BC breeder in VA.

Jen

You would think so but I have no idea how AKC goes about investigating and/or disciplining breeders. If what the OP in the other thread said is true (and I have no reason to doubt it) and dogs/bitches are breeding indisciminantly, DNA testing would show that registrations based on Sire A breeding Dam B were false, and that should be grounds for disbarring the breeder and/or other disciplinary actions.

Just plain sorry is right -- right up at the top of the scale - in the most "Southern" sense of the word. I was shopping in the city today and a small independent pet store had a big sign outside...AKC PUPPIES!!! I felt like going into the local AC MOORE and buying materials to make a picket sign....

The complaints, though, would have to come from those who had purchased puppies, or observed first hand practices at the kennel.

Liz

ACK will not do anything. This is where their infamous saying comes in ..."we're just a registry". Someone will have to take her to court or many buyers get together and take her. The only other alternative is to report her to the IRS assuming she doesn't report the income from puppy sales.

The OP from the other thread said that she complained to AKC and was told it was her word against the breeder's and the breeder had been breeding for a long time. Maybe if *enough* dissatisfied buyers complained to AKC they'd do something, but apparently one bad experience isn't enough to make them react.

J.

Just my 2 cents: this "breeder" is within an hour of me. Our local border collie rescue has refused to take in dogs from this breeder for a number of years, as they have some serious temperament issues--unprovoked and without-warning human aggressions, mostly, as I recall...

A

Archived