BC Boards

Stella Update

Here is a quick video taken at the end of our lesson tonight. There were several dogs barking and causing a big fuss, so I picked a random song to try and cover it up. Turn down/off your volume if you aren't a country fan. :rolleyes:

Comments and suggestions are welcomed. I appreciate any feedback. :D Thanks for watching!

@ Sluj -- according to her previous owners , they never put her on sheep. She spent most of the time in an outside pen. This was our ninth week of training. We took a week or two off due to her getting spayed and last week when the weather was unbearable. But she has had less than 15 lessons.

@ Maja -- thank you. We both get quite the workout going up and downhill :rolleyes:

This was taken at the end of the lesson and we worked both sides of the field. On the side you see on the video, she wasn't directly behind the sheep when driving them downhill. I don't know why, as she didn't have the issue when she was driving them uphill. I forgot to ask my instructor, but he didn't seem to worried about it as it was only those last few runs that she did it. I'm guessing she was feeling pressure from something?

Nice vid; What I like is the "relaxed" way in which Stella seems to work. As you named this thread an update I´m gonna search the forum for earlier vids of her.

Edit; ah, it´s that dog, of course I had already looked at the "first exposure" vid (bad at remembering names), you must be very happy with this dog, I know I would be!

Archived