BC Boards

Fargo update

I'm happy to report that there is harmony in my home. Tex and his little bro are interacting nicely. The whole guarding thing only lasted about 2 days. Pup has given up playing goalie, now he has a SuperHero complex. His mission is to rid the world of shadows. I don't dare light a candle anymore - either Fargo goes berserk or Tex sets his tail on fire.

I still haven't given in to the temptation to buy a black magic marker and finish colouring in his nose. Both dogs walk very nicely together on the bush trails but I can't handle both in town. Tex lurches around like a drunk while Fargo tries to highjack passing cars. Lightning bugs and butterflies are no longer safe. Hopefully, the Canadian Health Service covers arm-socket replacement surgery.

"Loki" (suggestion of Krisk) seems to be the chosen name. My friend Scott has christened him "Genki" which is a Japanese term of endearment for mischievous, lively little boys. It doesn't matter to the pup but Tex is picking up on the Ki sound.

Loki is doing the usual barking,digging,chewing, terrorizing puppy stuff but he's managable. He's definately livened things up around here but theres been no conflicts. Happy girl with happy dogs...

11pm and I'm still awake!! That's what having a puppy will do to you. Actually I finally got the new computer up and running and only had to purr into the techie support guys ear once. I'm a bit brain injured tonight from the flying leap Loki banked off the back of my head while chasing a bug. I might have to crate myself up to protect myself from this dog.

Anyways, no more library computers with missing "N" keys for me.

Jo,

Have you tried putting both dogs on one leash with one of those coupler things? I am astounded at how well it works. They almost walk each other, while I trial along behind. Each dog compensates for the other's "irregularities", and the net result is a fairly straight path.