BC Boards

Odin, Speak! (Part 2 added!)

Odin, Speak!

Last night I caught DH outside the door and told him to turn on the recording device on his MP3 player so I could get a recording of what Odin sounds like every time DH gets home from work . . .

And I promise, we're not torturing our dog :rolleyes:

Click To Listen

This usually goes on for as long as DH will encourage him. :D

It took a few days to teach Odin. Right now the only problem I have is that he'll only speak for a few seconds and I have to repeat the command.

He wasn't too sure what to do at first . . . it was too cute! He would just blow out air like he was huffing and puffing. I think he was thinking "wait, whenever I bark she says Quiet, now she's asking me to bark? WTH?! What should I do??!" lol

lol that clip dounds VERY familer! with shadow you say "speak" and she is very quiet and puffs her cheeks out a little, so you keep saying "louder" then she barks loud lol then when she barks loud they say "quieter!" then she looks at them like "WTH?"

now the second time I listened to the clip as soon as you said "speak" Misty barked, Misty does not even KNOW the command "speak" lol

LOL! You should see Odin when I play the clip! He turns is head to the side and tries to figure out what's going on, it's too funny! And then when he hears me say 'Good Boy' on the speakers he jumps up in my lap for more praise :rolleyes:

Dazzle does the little tiny "woofs of air" most of the time - it looks so funny! :rolleyes: I really have to get her excited before she will actually bark! (and when she does, boy, she has a VERY high voice!) Good to know I don't have the only crazy dog!

Just today I played her a video of herself barking - you should have seen the look on her face! :D

This is so funny :rolleyes:

I expected him just to bark, but he's a BC so of course there has to be some mumbling&grumbling as well!

I tried to take a picture of Kessie's reaction, but she can predict the flash and hates it, so here she is - trying to close her eyes and look at the speaker at the same time:

DSCN0813kl.jpg