BC Boards

Snooker

PSmitty

For any future snooker runners...

you haven't really "experienced" snooker until you are a member of the zero or one point club!

Zero: Your dog knocks the first red, and dog takes another obstacle. Bye-bye!

One: Your dog goes over the first red successfully, but waits until then to do something else bad...like take another red!

My youngster got his first "one" point run not long ago...not pretty!

The challenge with snooker is that there are so many "what if" situations...which couldn't possibly be briefed. I'm constantly amazed at the Masters level folks who do something goofy, get whistled off, then stand there with this "duh?" look on their faces! The game truly tests the "think on your feet" part of your brain! Having a "wait!" on your dog, whilst you figure out what to do next is a wonderful thing!

diane

• 3 months later...

Hey, everyone. I unearthed this thread because we had our second USDAA trial this weekend. Snooker was today, so I got online last night and re-read this thread to brush up on it. It worked! We had a great qualifying run. So much fun. :rolleyes:

Thanks again.

Snooker is my favorite class

its so fun once "you get it"

I am novice so I do red/obstacle red/obstacle red/obstacle then normally have to complet the entire close to get my points.

I have found in any class the map does not always show how the course walks so I normally pick my path on course then map it out after we walk and I will look to others while walking it to see if tey found a path I did not see.

Good Luck & Have Fun

BTW there is an articla on USDAA website explaining Snooker and I think www.agilitynerd.com also has some info