BC Boards

New Frisbee!!(Picture Heavy)

Aww so cute...Maggie never has been much for frisbees or water, but today she played fetch in the creek at the dog park lol.

BTW, you prob should put posts that are mainly pics in the "Gallery" section - it's specifically for pics.

K. Thanks.

And yeah they really do. They finally look like real little doggies and not roly poly bear cubs any longer.. :rolleyes:

Just a word of caution...

Those nylon frisbees, when used again and again and again, can actually wear a dog's teeth down to the gum. I used to use those frisbees with my dogs, and I was approached by an aussie owner who showed me his 9yo dog's teeth--which were barely even there! The only reason why he still used the frisbee was because it was the only thing his poor dog would chase....it refused all other varieties.

KONG makes a frisbee now, though, apparently...and from what I hear, its awesome! All the rubber ones I hear great things about...no dogs biting their tongues, cutting their mouths, and as long as dirt and grit it washed from them there is no wear and tear on the teeth!

Originally posted by SincereArtisan:

Just a word of caution...

Those nylon frisbees, when used again and again and again, can actually wear a dog's teeth down to the gum. I used to use those frisbees with my dogs, and I was approached by an aussie owner who showed me his 9yo dog's teeth--which were barely even there! The only reason why he still used the frisbee was because it was the only thing his poor dog would chase....it refused all other varieties.

KONG makes a frisbee now, though, apparently...and from what I hear, its awesome! All the rubber ones I hear great things about...no dogs biting their tongues, cutting their mouths, and as long as dirt and grit it washed from them there is no wear and tear on the teeth!

Ok, thanks. Right now I just toss them and they are picking them off of the ground. They never jump and catch them out of the air.

But I will switch to the kong. also- I used to use the nylabone frisbee, is that any good?

Beth, I have the same exact yellow Flippy Flopper frisbee that Ouzo plays with from time to time. He does jump - not excessively, since he's only 8 months old and I try to be warry of his growth plates. Maybe once a week outside, and then he carries it around the house most of the time, but doesn't chew on it. He doesn't get to play with tennis balls anymore unless we are at the dog park, and they're spread everywhere. If I would bring him another ball to spare his teeth, he would most certantly exchange it for another tennis ball laying around. He goes to the dog park about once a week, so I hope it's not excessively abrasive for his teeth.

I found a rope toy with a furry sheep head in the middle - has two rope handles - and this one toy has lasted without any damage but continous chewing for two weeks now. For the 99 cents I paid at Big Lots, I think it's a winner It's true, it stopped squweeking after the second day, but that's not a bad thing :rolleyes:

My dogs don't like tennis balls at all which is fine with me. I don't like them swallowing the fuzz anyhow...

Also I throw the frisbee so far there is no time for jumping. They just chase it and bring it back. So no worries there about the jumping.

Originally posted by Anda:

I found a rope toy with a furry sheep head in the middle - has two rope handles - and this one toy has lasted without any damage but continous chewing for two week now. For the 99 cents I paid at Big Lots, I think it's a winner It's true, it stopped squweeking after the second day, but that's not a bad thing :rolleyes:

Wow really? where did you find it?

• 2 weeks later...