BC Boards

Grady's first trial

I wasn't sure if he was really ready yet, but after watching him run this weekend I found out it was me that wasn't ready to run him :rolleyes: I ran him in two NADAC reg courses, touch and go, tunnelers and hoopers.

He was amazing and outragiously fast! I cost him his Q's in both reg. His commitment points are WAY different than Lucia's and actually quite late because he's so young. I pushed him off a couple jumps because I turned in to soon on serpentines. I love video replay and it will help me out a lot in figuring out my cues.

In touch and go, the tunnel was just way more fun than the dog walk :D He never missed a contact though :D

In both Hoopers and Tunnelers he pulled a first place. My handling skills can't be all that bad if he pulled a first in hopers and has never seen one :D He was by far one of the fastest dogs on the tunnelers course. He actually beat all the elite dog times except one and got a load of cheers when we finished :D

I'll post the videos when I get them. Lucia did awesome too, but wasn't feeling well all weekend and just seemed to go through the motions. Poor girl, she seemed a bit out of sorts all weekend, but is back to her old self today. She got a forth place to her brother's first place in Hoopers. This got Lucia her novice superior hoopers!!!! On to open :D

Well done, you two! Can't wait to see the video. An agility dog's maiden voyage, as it were, is so exciting! I hope to have Rex up and running gilities sometime next year. It will be nice to run two dogs at a trial again.

Bear says to tell Lucia it's not that bad, letting the little whippersnappers be all fast and fancy and all that. At the end of the day, they KNOW who the true top dog in the house is. :rolleyes:

Thanks everyone! I got the videos today, but will have to wait until I hit the coffee shop on Fri to post them. The internet is terrible here :rolleyes:

Well done, you two! Can't wait to see the video. An agility dog's maiden voyage, as it were, is so exciting! I hope to have Rex up and running gilities sometime next year. It will be nice to run two dogs at a trial again.

Bear says to tell Lucia it's not that bad, letting the little whippersnappers be all fast and fancy and all that. At the end of the day, they KNOW who the true top dog in the house is. :D

LOL....no worries Bear, Lucia definately lets the little whippersnapper know who rules the roost in this house :D It was fun running two dogs and I hope to always have two running. I think I may have to go to agility annonimous soon....or maybe just get a second job :D We have another trial this weekend and Grady is in 7 runs. By Nov he should be in everything.

Good luck with Rex!!!!

Oh my gosh, good job Grady!! That was so cool for me to see. Grady is fast but he listens, unlike some other little 4-legger I know :rolleyes:

I like the tunnelers course! hmmm... I might have to run Chase in NADAC so he can do his tunnels.

I know it was a mess-up on the serpentines but when you re-did them, that was beatiful handling.

Thanks for posting the videos. It was helpful to me and really nice to watch. Grady, you are so cute!

Michele & Chase