BC Boards

Don't know if anyone here knows Zippity, a super fast border collie, and Denise... but they qualified for WORLD TEAMS and will be one of the dog respresenting USA in Austria this year!!! They compete in both USDAA and AKC...

LOL I am soo geeking out.

(Sorry if this doesn't beling here.)

Here are some videos of her:

And here is one of her World team tryout videos round 3&4!!!

ETA: Oh yeah the other people who qualified are: Marcus and Juice, Geri and Focus, and Channan and Icon

This is just big dogs!

Oh my gosh. How exciting! How does the handler know where to go next? I would be lost in the first few seconds.

There are numbers on the obstascle and the handler walks the course prior to running. Or at least that is what happen at normal competitions

Way to go Denise & Zippity!! Denise was my agility teacher when I lived in the Erie area. Congratulations! I'm proud and happy for her.

Michele & aussie Gypsy

:rolleyes: Denise is our trainer also!!! LOL She been handling Cressa while I recover from being sick.

Sorry you have been sick :rolleyes: but hope for your speedy recovery. You are very very lucky to have Denise as your instructor and to have her handle your dog. Denise was my very first agility instructor and set the bar high for my next instructors. She gave me and Gypsy an awesome start in agility. I miss her and you're lucky! At least I can brag that she was my instructor. People know her name back here!

I'll be watching for her and Zippity!

Sorry you have been sick :D but hope for your speedy recovery. You are very very lucky to have Denise as your instructor and to have her handle your dog. Denise was my very first agility instructor and set the bar high for my next instructors. She gave me and Gypsy an awesome start in agility. I miss her and you're lucky! At least I can brag that she was my instructor. People know her name back here!

I'll be watching for her and Zippity!

Am getting better. :D Still can't run for more then 5 obstacles :D

:rolleyes: I know I am really lucky having her as a trainer! She one of the reason I don't want to/refuse to move to the west coast!

LOL Her first run I guess she fell but recover and still placed 4th!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Oh my gosh. How exciting! How does the handler know where to go next? I would be lost in the first few seconds.

The handler gets a chance, before the runs begin, to go out on the course (without the dog) to learn the course. Different handlers develop different ways of doing this. It's really not as hard as it seems. You start off learning to do this in classes with short sequences and then you learn more in trials, but on easier courses at first since everyone starts at the entry levels.

Of course, everyone gets lost at some point, but even that serves as good instruction for learning how to walk and learn courses better! :rolleyes:

Like anything, it's a skill that comes with practice and experience.