BC Boards

BC friendly hotels in the Kansas City area

Does anyone have any personal experience staying in a Kansas City hotel with a BC? I am adopting Caela's half brother, Jet, a 3 yr old male. My daughter who lives in Denver is meeting me at the half way point and we are staying one night in KC. He's a big boy - 50 lbs plus. I see that a lot of hotels have a 50 lb limit, surely they don't weigh them in!

I haven't stayed in a hotel with a dog since I got Conner many years ago. If anyone has any recommendations , experiences good or bad, I sure would appreciate the information! I'd like this to be an easy transition for Jet!

Thanks so much!

Shannon :rolleyes:

post-7826-1233448016_thumb.jpg

We have gone out to Kansas City the last three years for Nellie's reunion with MoKan. Last year we stayed at the Drury Inns Stadium, which is just off of I-70. It is relatively inexpensive and they have a free breakfast and evening snacks and drinks. I think you can get a king size room for $59 per night.

I don't remember them charging for Nellie or even asking what size she was and she is around 45 lbs, they just wanted to know that we had a dog in the room.

There isn't a large amount of outdoor space, but we haven't really found any hotels that have very much outdoor space.

There is also a Red Roof Inn in Independence that allows dogs but we had some noisy neighbors there and to find grass around the hotel was around a block away.

Hope this helps, if you have other questions post them and I will try to help, we tend to travel quite a bit with Nellie and have gotten good at trying to find pet friendly places.

John

Last year we stayed at the Drury Inns Stadium, which is just off of I-70. It is relatively inexpensive and they have a free breakfast and evening snacks and drinks. I think you can get a king size room for $59 per night.

I was going to say I met someone there with a pet drop off once. They had a shetlie, and I know she was over 50 lbs...sweet sweet girl...but the hotel was really nice and so was the staff! So that's what I would recommend...

Baymont Inns & Suites allow pets - as far as I have seen, of any size up to elephants. Well, rotwielers and great danes, anyhow.

There's one in each Kansas City: Kansas and Missouri.

Do you have a AAA membership? They list a lot of dog friendly hotels in the area. Our family reunion is in Bucyrus, KS. We drive out from MA almost every year with the pack. I can't say that any one hotel was better than the others. We have only had good experiences with the more respectable chains. If you aren't busy stop by the Three Dog Bakery (https://www.threedog.com/Default.aspx) on the Plaza. My dogs think it's heaven.

I don't meant to turn this into a AAA add, but I love having the service. I've used their roadside assistance many times, I always get their maps and travel books before I go anywhere and if you have ANY problem just call them up and they are very helpful. A friend and I took a cross country driving trip in her Explorer with OnStar. We needed help a few times, including finding a pet friendly hotel on short notice in an isolated area, and OnStar disappointed but AAA came through every time. I've also called them when I was lost (on a dirt road between some corn fields in OH) and they guided me back to the highway. :rolleyes:

I travel A LOT and I've found Motel 6 and Super 8 are very pet friendly. Most charge a $10 pet fee, but they don't have a pet limit and size doesn't matter. Motel 6 is by far the cheapest, they are not classiest, but usually clean. Super 8 are usually nice, but average 70-100.

Congrats on the new pup :rolleyes:

PS: AAA is the bomb for travel info!

If you are looking for places with space around them, try places like Overland Park, & Olathe, I believe both have La Quintas. They are about 15 miles south of I 70 where it goes through KC area. I live south of there about 40 minutes.

Oh , there's a Best Western that is pet friendly in Olathe also right off of I- 35.