BC Boards

Not Necessarily His Fault

Hi, I have asked for advice on Buster's wholesale destruction during the day while we are gone. I just wanted to thank everyone and give an update. It seemed like nothing was working, until I took a week off to use up my vacation time, and discovered that Random, our Maine Coon cat was sitting at the door to the garage caterwauling. When I walked up to him I got the "what are you doing home /I forgot you were home look", the one reserved for when I go back into the house to get a forgotten item and he is on the counter. I didn't think much of it, until the other day when I realized I forgot Buster's morning biscuits and Random was at the door, with "the look." So, the past couple days Random has been locked up at the far end of the house, and there has been no additonal damage. When I bring Buster into the house, I have to lock up the cat because he grabs Buster by the face and bites at him like a playtoy, this would not end well. Buster seems to be a much happier dog, after only a couple days. I am hopeful that this is a big part of the probem.

Maine Coons are known as the "gentle giants"[3] and possess above-average intelligence, making them relatively easy to train.[2] They are known for being loyal to their family and cautious—albeit not mean—around strangers, but are independent and not clingy.[31] The Maine Coon is generally not known for being a "lap cat" but their gentle disposition makes the breed relaxed around dogs, other cats, and children.

from Wikipedia

Relaxed like a fox :rolleyes:

Buster, I'm sure, thanks you.

Ailsa

I too have a Maine Coone, Oskar. Jackie has other names for him which I will not repeat. He is the sweetest cat if you are a person and are ok with a bit of mischief. He rules the house as far as the other animals, with one exception. He rules the other cats, the 2 Labs, but not the Border Collie. Alex and Oskar actually play. You'll see him run across the house with her in pursuit and a couple minutes later she'll run across the house with him in pursuit. He is a little devil full of mischief though.

Esox