BC Boards

BORDER COLLIE TRAITS

gee, I don't know if this is a trait, but...

this morning at around 6:15, Kylie was barking to go out (she lays her head on the bed as you are sleeping and "boofs" in your face. So DH actually got out of bed and let the dogs out! Well, he was gone a long time. When he came back I asked him why it took so long.

"Kylie wouldn't come in...I had to go out and get her."

"What was she doing?" I asked.

"You're not gonna believe this: she was sitting out in the middle of the yard BARKING at the MOON!" (It was a full moon.)

oh, well. The Christmas tree didn't phase her...but a full moon (probably along with the snow), well.... :D

I must say, I never had a dog that looked up in the sky let alone barked at the moon!

That's too funny! Lacee does the exact same thing. When she first starting barking at the moon, I wasn't sure what she was doing. I thought she had problems seeing. She is always looking up, at fireflies, lamp posts, the moon, etc. She also chases airplanes! My neighbors get a kick out of that one. :rolleyes:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our Josie does the "cupped paw thing" which we find so cute.

She also pokes or taps us with her nose when she wants our attention or is trying to get us moving faster.

When we are in separate rooms in our home she will position herself in between the two rooms or in a hallway....so she can keep an "eye" on us and be aware if either one should move.

When someone comes in the house she will go to her toy basket and drag out a number of toys to "show-off" with and if she REALLY likes the person she will take the toys to them.

She also does the "curl into a tiny ball" thing sometimes when sleeping.

When we go walking and she has to go potty she will pick a tall group of weeds to poop on.....this is something she does consistently for some reason.

She also does the laying on her back and tossing toys like a cat.

I also get a feeling that she can "read me"......what I am planning to do, how I am feeling emotionally and lets us know when it is time to feed her.

Lacee does every one of these things! She also does the "talking". Her and my husband always have a conversation at 4:30 in the morning :rolleyes: , while he's getting ready for work, and when he gets home. She's so much fun.

Mine loves to tipp over the water cooler trying to get the water jug to play wtih. She's a water jug junkie!!

I got mine at a year-and-a-half, so I guess this started when she lived with her first owners: she LOVES to get a plastic bottle (2 liter pop bottle; Propel water bottles) and she works at unscrewing the tops off -- not biting them -- UNSCREWING THEM. Then she licks inside the opening. wierd :rolleyes:

ETA: I just have to say I love this topic...it's been going on for a long time. I love to hear what everyone else's BC does; sometimes just for a laugh and sometimes to give me comfort that mine is not the only crazy (that's why I love 'em) BC out there!