BC Boards

Rhea had a siezure!!!!

BC-Liz

I'm sorry to hear about Rhea's seizure. I hope -- and do think it's likely -- that she's able to be treated effectively and it doesn't affect her quality of life. It's got to be quite upsetting for you; I sure sympathize with both you and Rhea.

Barb, I'm so sorry to hear about your Blaze, too. Sounds like he enjoyed himself for pretty much his whole life, lucky dog.

Guess that means it's epilepsy.

I wouldn't jump to this conclusion, yet. Epilepsy is the diagnosis reached when every other possible cause has been ruled out. I would highly recommend taking her to a neurologist, who is likely going to recommend an MRI, among other things. You really do want to rule out all other possible causes, first, since you might find something that is treatable. Either way, you really should consult a neurologist about treatment. My vet and my veterinary neurologist had pretty different ideas about how to treat my foster dog's epilepsy.