BC Boards

Novice Trial in NC 9/20/08

Hi -

We are in the very beginning stages of planning a new trial in Oxford, NC at Shoofly Farm, on September 20th. We'll run Novice-Novice, ProNovice, Nursery and Open Ranch. Depending on the entries, we will maybe do a second run or fun runs after the trial. Entry form to come but i wanted to get the word out so folks could get it on their calendars.

This trial is a fundraiser for Ovarian Cancer Research, with ALL proceeds going to Joan Stout-Knight's team walking in the Gail Parkins Memorial Ovarian Cancer Awareness Walk. Joan has been sheepdog trialing in this area for many years and has been living with ovarian cancer for over 2 years now, and several of us decided this would be a fun way to raise some money for the effort. I hope you can join us!

Count me in! Great idea! Ive lost several family members to cancer, and my mother and daughter are both survivors. Let me know if theres anything I can do to help.

Now Sue, you just pack up that cute little camper on come on down! And Darci, we'll be sure to put you to work, there's always plenty to do. :rolleyes:

We will definitely be taking in spirit entries/donations/whatever. Just look for the entry form. I should have it together in the next couple of days.

Well, Robin, I'll work on figuring out if I could do that (but only if I could get some lessons and help out a day or two before, maybe?).

I'm hoping to go to Jan Thompson's trial in October to volunteer, under the guise of visiting Lisa who only lives a bit over an hour away.

The gas alone just eats up the budget nowadays, doesn't it?

I agree you need to move to SC - I'm debating coming to spectate and help if needed as it is, but we'll see what gas and my schedule is doing around then. Are you open to relatively inexperienced volunteers?

Also, any possibility I could see how Z does on sheep if I came to help out? We've been trying to find a place around here and we've gotten nowhere. :rolleyes:

We are definitely open to any and all help. Only one way to get experienced!

I'm sure we could give your pup a go on sunday if you wanted to stick around. Doing it on saturday would depend on how many entries we get. If it's low, we'll do whatever we can to generate some interest and participation so we can raise funds for Joan's team on the Ovarian Cancer Walk. Hope you can make it!

The entry forms are ready --

Whistle For a Cure SDT 09/20/2008 Entry Form (.pdf)

Whistle For a Cure SDT 09/20/2008 Entry Form (.doc)

You can get to them from my blog or webpage (see below) as well. We're planning to get together the next couple of weekends to get things in order for the trial - do some painting, get a setout pen built, trim feet, etc, if you want to come out and pitch in as well. Thanks and hope to see you at the trial.

Anyone who wants a place to crash that weekend is welcome here - only thirty min from Robin's and I'm going. I've got two couches and practically unlimited camping space.