BC Boards

FULL BORDER COLLIE OR NO???

post-9024-1216667611_thumb.jpg Trying to find out if my dog is full border collie or not. I adopted her and they told me she was a pitbull saintbernard mix, I dont think that its possible for her to be this. Shes almost a year old, sits, gives paw lays down, rolls over, stands on hind legs and walks like a human, walks like a border collie weaving in and out and nippy sometimes when playing.

Kinda funny how I adopted her cause a border collie is what I originally wanted lol.

I don't see any pit in this dog at all. I do think there might be quite a bit of border collie, but neither of those pictures are the greatest for breed guessing. Got any closer ups? Any standing profiles?

She reminds me of Grace, I think her name is? Journey was fostering her for a while?

Did they tell you how they came to the decision that she was a St. Bernard/Pit Mix, it's possible that the information was supplied by the surrenderer and it could be true? I can actually see both, but what's on the outside is often difficult to see, especially since so many border collies don't fit the old rule of what makes a border collie a border collie, the ability and style that it works it's livestock. I'd look into having her tested if you really want to know, does anyone know, are all three breeds on the list of breeds they can test for?

Deb

They adopted her out to me at about 5 wks of age, they told me she was older than that but the vet thought different.

They had her at a tattoo shop down the rd saying that they couldnt have her at the shelter because she was part pitbull. Though when I went down the the tattoo shop the next day to adopt her, she was at the shelter down the rd, so we walked down there and she was running around with out a problem. On the adoption papers it said she was a shepard mix. They never told me where she came from, I know she had litter mates that were adopted out as well.

I don't see any pit in this dog at all. I do think there might be quite a bit of border collie, but neither of those pictures are the greatest for breed guessing. Got any closer ups? Any standing profiles?

She reminds me of Grace, I think her name is? Journey was fostering her for a while?

No kidding Paula! She could be Gracie's full litter mate from looking at these pictures :rolleyes: Whatever she is she is definitely "cute" :D

Karen

btw - Grace is doing wonderful in her home in TX. spoiled doesn't come close.......

Kalooa is a very good girl, listens very well. Loves to learn new things, is always at my side, even while doing dishes. Shes great off leash, my parents have 25 acres and she loves it out there. But if I run and play around with her she goes for the ankles and butt though lol.

My GSD mix is banned from all yard games involving people & balls because she also goes for ankles & butts. GSD is the only breed I'm sure is in there, but BC is one of many I'm sure is NOT. The ankle/butt biting thing doesn't mean much about being a BC. From the way she acts, I'd guess my mutt is part heeler, but who knows.

I like Kalooa's funny white & brown face! She looks like she's wearing an ear bonnet :rolleyes:

I can see where there could be St. in her. She has a big jowly head. And her tail is very short. And the colour is VERY St.

To me she looks like a dog that resembles a border collie, but is not in fact a border collie. If you know what I mean.

RDM

I can actually buy the St. Bernard/Pit idea, especially given her size. Her coat looks like the St Bernards I've met. She looks like a St. Bernard with something else in her to slim her down, but still more solid/chunky than a BC. The only place I see Pit is in her face from the front. Very cute though!