BC Boards

good dog tags

You can get an on the collar tag from http://www.boomerangtags.com/, I have them and they are great. For a hanging tag, get an S hook for the tag instead of the split ring if you have issues with it coming off. I just got the stainless steel paw print tag from this place: http://www.rossipettags.com/ and you can get it with an S hook, you just have to ask for it. (yes my dogs wear both an hang tag and a collar slide 'tag'. :rolleyes:

I know a few people buy from a sit that has a paw print on one side with the tag info on the othe. I'm a real big help huh? :rolleyes: I use these Boomerang tags I like the ones that slide on the collar. It keeps him for catching them in things. Crate door, etc. I figure if he ever gets away from me, those won't have as much of a chance of falling off his collar.

ETA: Boomerange also replaces them for life if they get to where you can't read it anymore.

I like the plastic ones. They seem to hold the name and addy longer. I think that's where I got my older dog tags from. I just bought 2 new stainless ones for Usher & Bailey at Petco- not impressed. I'd like to mention one thing. I do NOT put their names on them. They are pretty well behaved dogs. I just put my address and phone. I don't want anyone to pick up my dog and know their name and keep them.

I also swear by Boomerang tags. I prefer the hanging tag style, but I have tried both split rings (multiple styles and qualities) and s-hooks and I still manage to lose a tag every year or two. I've just made the switch to their "CollarTags", which they guarantee every way possible, including guaranteeing that the tag will never come off the collar (on its own).

I like the plastic ones. They seem to hold the name and addy longer. I think that's where I got my older dog tags from. I just bought 2 new stainless ones for Usher & Bailey at Petco- not impressed. I'd like to mention one thing. I do NOT put their names on them. They are pretty well behaved dogs. I just put my address and phone. I don't want anyone to pick up my dog and know their name and keep them.

I used to get the brass tags from Petsmart, but I didn't like the tarnishing.

I'd like for someone who found my dog to know their name so that maybe my dog won't be as scared. If someone's going to keep your dog, they are going to keep them whether they know the dog's real name or not. And all my dogs would probably go to anyone who baby talked to them. On that note, one of my dogs got 'lost' a few years ago for a few hours and the across the busy road neighbor didn't even call or anything and was feeding my dog with his dog when I spotted my dog at his house. And my dog had a tag on w/ my cell phone number. Eash.