BC Boards

Cricket was better today :)

Well, Cricket had a better time today at obedience class. Yes, she was still lunging, but this time she really needed a 'NO' and she stopped. That's good for her! My DH brought her up to me, so I didn't have the additional long drive. That allowed me to get her out for a walk in town, with cars, and people, although at a distance. This may have helped her out. We stayed a little longer in the class but left before any heeling was done. She managed her sit/stay and down/stay without moving about. And, even though she was paying a great deal of attention to the labrador retriever closest to us, she was for the most part, 'civil'. So, we'll go back again for the next class.

Thanks to all of you for your encouragement. Sometimes getting the 'outside' view, can make all the difference in the world.

Oh, O/T to this...Cricket has been helping DH carry wood...it's quite funny to watch. She is SO pleased with herself that she's got a job :rolleyes:

Oh, that's good to hear, Kris. I would say that means it is worth persevering, on the basis that you're doing - gradually increasing the exposure. I'm sure the walk around before would have helped her too. And let's hear it for your DH as well! Just as well he's got Cricket to help him.

That's great to hear, Kris. I am so glad you gave it another shot.

I think the walk beforehand had a lot to do with it - I know whenever I had to take Dublin somewhere he would have trouble containing himself (the OB class I mentioned, his first few times on sheep) I would run him at the dog park ahead of time to "take the edge off". it really helped him a lot.

Keep us posted!

I know how much of a time and mileage commitment this is for Kris to make for her dog. It shows what a special owner Cricket, Jazz and the little nubbins have.

I'm glad to hear this news. Keep up the good work Cricket and Kris!!!