BC Boards

Who's taken obedience classes at PetsMart?

@John I've climbed Snowdon several times. Also climbed in the Ogwyn Valley along the A5 or was it the A55?

Wales are un-pronouncable to the English; and even more bafling for Americans,

Imagine what I thought when I started seeing road signs in English crossed out and replaced with Welsh. Still I love Wales.

LOL!! Did you know that Attila taught Fly to do all of those things with a clicker? :rolleyes::D :D

I've never said don't use a clicker. I just don't like them for my use. It's a personal thing. Frankly it doesn't matter how you train your dogs as longs as you do it with love and affection.

Jin has started to learn boundary control. That's a tough one especially for a BC since they like to wander.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never said don't use a clicker. I just don't like them for my use. It's a personal thing. Frankly it doesn't matter how you train your dogs as longs as you do it with love and affection.

Yes, it is a personal thing, and I'm not saying that everyone has to like or use them (unless they are in my class!! :rolleyes::D :D )

I'm just pointing out that it is an amazingly powerful training tool when it is understood and used correctly, and that Attila's Freestyle routines, like the phenomenal one that you pointed out, are a testimony to what the clicker truly can do. :D

We are talking about Petsmart training, the use of clickers, whistles and hand claps. What amazes me is how many people don't even do basic dog training for their pets. Because I'm training Jin in places like the dog park, Petsmart and elsewhere in public I'm noticing how many dogs don't even have the most rudimentary of training. One gal in our class seems to think that 10 mins a day and the class is enough. I tried to impress on her that training a dog is continuous and ongoing from morning til night. She took the view that (ready for it?) we spend 8 hrs a day training our dogs. It took me awhile to convince her that training was an all the time thing not just at a specific time of day and that daily class or training was only part of raising a dog. I also said that it's not really training outside of work sessions but reinforcement of what she learned in class. In the long run on on the bottom line it doesn't matter what you do r use as a training aid as long as your dog is trained.