BC Boards

Who you gonna call?

Rohanbusters!!

We've stayed up all night and most of today, and its 3am and we're gonna go shopping. I took Riven outside before we left because we're leaving her in her crate (BTW we're doing NILIF type stuff and she's doing great).. anyway.. I open the door and out like a rocket shoots our cat. We have no outside light (just moved havent put one in yet)so its pitch black outside. I run into the house and Im like "Rohan's out!! Rohan's out!!" Rohan never goes outside except on leash right outside the door - he ran further this time into the dark. My husband runs outside to get him, and low and behold his job was already being done. :rolleyes::D Can you guess who caught him?? Thats right! Riven! lol

She was crouched down in front of him (herding him Im sure) and he was sitting with nowhere to go and she was guarding him, not letting him go anywhere. I am aware it isnt healthy to let her herd the cat, but I thank God she did tonight. Rohan isnt fixed, but more he is clueless and has no instinct. Whew. Good Girl Riven! I took this pic right after.. Rohan is still mad. :D

IM000645a-1.jpg

Woo hoo!!! I had the same situation, though the solution was a bit different. Our cat has gotten out multiple times since we put the AC units in (he's busted them and gotten out in the space beside it). He goes off exploring, and poor mama here freaks out. Sooooo... I took Zoe outside on-leash. Two seconds later there's a black blur across the lawn and the cat leaps onto Zoe. Zoe pinned him to the ground. I walked over and scooped up the cat and carried him inside. This happened like... 4 times so far, cat comes running every time.

It's so nice having the dogs, isn't it!

My last dog used to do that too and she used to also bark at the cat when I disciplined it...lol. Maybe she had some border in her somewhere? Lol... lord knows she had 4 breeds in her that we know of... :rolleyes:

LOL I havent ever tried Riven on sheep, Im thinkin maybe she'd do good, after seeing her give Rohan the eye last night.

It was hilarious though Rohan was so mad and Riven walked by him. He screams and reached out and nipped her in the shoulder and Riven looked at me like what the h*ll is his issue lol. :rolleyes:

Cats are so funny with their attitude. There's one at the cat sanctuary you can't go near, because she'll seem all nice until she realizes you're not her mom and then HISS CLAW BITE. Total psycho cat.

Violet's a great cat-herder. Whenever one of my three is doing something she shouldn't (which is often) OH and I make a hissing noise. Violet's learned all on her own what the hiss means and comes to make the cat stop what she's doing. Sometimes that entails herding the cat from under furniture, but she can also make them stop clawing things just by giving them the eye. Wish I could do that!