BC Boards

Help...?

Hi all :D

Okay, so I'm having some problems using the search. :rolleyes::D

I'm just trying to search for any and all threads about raising/training a BC pup.

If anyone could help, that'd be awesome. TIA!

I just went to Search and then clicked on the More Search Options link. It will do a word search through any or all of the forums. You could spend days looking through everything.

When I started training Ruger I used a $5.00 DVD from WalMart called Water Dog. It was based on the training techniques from Richard Wolters. He was a bird hunter. It had just basic training techniques that could be used on any dog.

Don't forget youtube. It is full of training techniques and lots of fun videos.

Jennifer, does this mean you have news to share with us? :rolleyes:

Anyway, if you do "advanced search", you can put in different combinations of words. Unfortunately, puppy+training is still going to yield a ton of results that you might not need. Good luck!

Jennifer, does this mean you have news to share with us? :rolleyes:

Heh, nope. Not at this time anyway. :D I've been in contact with Christine, but nothings final.

Thank you everyone...I'll give it another try.

Apart from the excellent post you will find on these boards, there are some excellent training videos on youtube.com. Just search for dog training, and in particular clicker training, there are vid's for all the basic obedience as well as for teaching tricks.

I've heard not to do to much clicker training if you want to do stock work?

FYI, I'm not very new to training dogs, I've trained many puppies before. Just not any BCs. hehe So I was mainly looking at things for training a BC pup. :rolleyes:

I'm getting the book "Lessons From a Sheepdog" so hopefully that will be of some help too.

Clicker training is one thing and herding another... with the right breeds (ehem :rolleyes: )...the sheep ARE the

reward, being able to WOOOOOOORRRRRKKK!!!!

You can't really use clickers to help with herding skills but there are quite a few clicker savvy dogs that

have some good herding skills.

And most BCs I've been around know the difference between the two training methods.

Somebody want to jump in and explain the quadrants?