BC Boards

Nursery Finals

KathyF

Well, if I had been patient enough I would have seen the post on Sheepdog-L that came about 5 minutes after I posted here. I now know that they are starting nursery at 9 am today.

Good luck to everyone.

Kathy

Diane-

If you're reading here today, it looks like Scott is getting close to running Jackie!! Good Luck!!!

Kathy

Hah, that's funny. I just spoke to Robin, who was babysitting Scott's phone. He just ran the red dog (Jackie?) and apparently had a pretty good run. He'd just gotten his pen.

Congratulations Diane.

A

Okay, I must not be understanding this correctly. I thought from reading the USBCHA web site that only the top 30 nursery dogs went onto the second run. But from the looks of the finals web site, all of the nursery dogs are running again??

Kathy

Okay, I must not be understanding this correctly. I thought from reading the USBCHA web site that only the top 30 nursery dogs went onto the second run. But from the looks of the finals web site, all of the nursery dogs are running again??

Kathy

They changed it at the trial because enough dogs had pulled that they had time to give everyone two runs. Everyone gets to run twice, combined scores determine the winner.

Pearse

Okay, thanks Pearse. At least I know that I'm not going crazy. :rolleyes:

It does say on their web site that if they don't finish today, that they'll finish up tomorrow.

Kathy

Given that I'm in the market for a pup, the smart thing to do would have been to stay and see how the young dogs go for research's sake, but I needed to get back down to VA and spend a couple of days with my mom before heading back to SF tomorrow. Good luck to all the competitors.

I threw some more photos up on www.comebye.net along with the video of Marilyn Volpe and Tan in the preliminary round. I have video of about half of the double lift runs including; Alasdair MacRae (Star and Nan), Bev Lambert (Pippa), Tommy Wilson (Sly), Linda Fogt (Annie), Amanda Milliken (Ethel) and I might have one or two more. It'll take a couple of days to download and edit but I'll see if I can get at least a couple of runs up before my trial in a couple of weeks.

Pearse

They ran the first 50 nursery dogs on Monday. Today they finished up running the rest of them and started a second round. Tomorrow they will finish the second round and the Nursery Champion will be determined by combining the two scores.

It was fun watching these young dogs. You could see the talent that time and experience will fine tune as they age and mature. There were a few "yahoo" moments but they were awesome to watch!

A few more photos have been added to the Photo section of Sheepdog-L.

I threw some more photos up on www.comebye.net along with the video of Marilyn Volpe and Tan in the preliminary round. I have video of about half of the double lift runs including; Alasdair MacRae (Star and Nan), Bev Lambert (Pippa), Tommy Wilson (Sly), Linda Fogt (Annie), Amanda Milliken (Ethel) and I might have one or two more. It'll take a couple of days to download and edit but I'll see if I can get at least a couple of runs up before my trial in a couple of weeks.

Pearse

Great! Thanks, Pearse. I'm looking forward to checking it all out.

Carolyn

YES, I remember you!!!

How is your Lyn doing?

Diane

[/quote

Diane,

Lyn and I are doing well together. I have had her home since after last Finals and am taking lessons, weekly as much as possible. I started trailing her this last Feb in Pro/Novice and I am LOVING it! I cannot believe it it is so much darn fun . It is quite a challenge and Lyn is so good to me. I know I am holding her back from being in the Open, but she doesn't seem to mind any-as long as she gets to work she is happy.

I wish you lots of luck with your Nursery dog, now and in the future. Maybe next year I can get up north for some trials.

Carolyn

Nursery Finals are over, scores can be found at the link to "nursery 2" at www.sheepdogfinals2007.com.

Boo hoo.

I know, isn't it sad that the finals are now over.

Well, back to trialing with our own dogs now.

Kathy

Congrats to our own Renee Billadeau and Bette, who placed ninth in the Nursery Finals! Renee also ran Bette in the Open.

Jenny Glen's Laddie was chosen for the Ralph Pulfer Most Promising Young Dog award in addition to placing well. Congrats to Jenny and Laddie, also!

I have some pix of Renee & Bette's last nursery run, and one of Diane's Jackie, up here. Not high photographic quality, I'm afraid, but two good dogs are always worth a look. Bette finished 9th and Jackie 20th. As I go through my pictures I will be posting more, but I don't know how many -- as I go through them I'm finding the overall quality disappointing.

If anyone would like a copy of the souvenir program from the finals (which is full of pedigrees and other good info) please email me at eileen@bordercollie.org. Please don't PM me, I have trouble keeping my box from filling up. Thanks.