BC Boards

Hi from Storm and Lootah

Just wanted to say hi to everyone, im new here and Lootah is my first BC. Im originally from England, ive been in the U.S for 3 years now. I had a lab called Gremlin for 12 years (his parents were both gun dogs) and lost him a few months ago.

I have only had Loot for a few days now but he has been great so far.

Here are some pics (his face is a bit swollen in the pics from his teeth, he looks much better today)

lootah.jpg

loot.jpg

loo.jpg

Welcome to the boards and to the US. Loot is a cutie puppy!

Quick question.....How/why would his teeth swell his face up?

thankyou :rolleyes:

His adult teeth are coming in, his lip on one side swelled up a bit yesterday, but its back to normal today. We are keeping a close eye on it.

Welcome to the boards

Good to see another Missourian.

Loot is a good looking tri merle,how old is he?

Where did you get him?

Almost looks like a wasp or bee sting on right muzzle,are you sure its his adult teeth causing the swelling?

He turned 4 months on the 14th. He came from a breeder in Cabool, MO. When we went to see the litter i went in with them and his brothers kept jumping up at me, but Lootah just came over and sat at my feet, he's such a sweetie.

We were pretty sure its his teeth, i looked at his gums the day his lip was swollen and there looked like there was a tooth coming through, the next day the swelling was almost gone and there was a tooth there. His face was back to normal today, should have got more pics, but we have been so busy, we are in the middle of moving (from Arkansas to Missouri). If the swelling comes back we will probably be going to the vet.

Me and mum came from Southampton (about an hour from london)

i almost forgot to ask, He doesnt really play with balls or toys right now, the only thing he has played with is my sock, lol. Do you think this will change, i was really hoping he would be able to fetch.

HI, and welcome! I've got a 4-month-old, too: you are going to be real busy as soon as Lootie gets comfortable with his new home. Kaylee is inquisitive and VERY playful. We were doing great on Fetch, until she decided that it was more fun to play Keep. No treat-swap is more fun than that, so far. My husband has recently been teaching her Shake. So I'm standing there with my hand out, saying Drop It, and she waves a paw at me(!) and scoots away with her ball still in her mouth. I never met her daddy, but heard that he always had a ball in her mouth: this must be an inherited trait!

Lootie is a cutie! He reminds me of a cartoon dog I've seen: I'll try to remember where.

He's probably not interested in new toys right now because his mouth is sore. Kaylee LOVES an ice cube: maybe he would, too! There are lots of recipes around for Kong dogsicles, Kongs filled with goodies and broth and frozen. My husband used to freeze dill pickles for his girls when they were teething babies, but I used to freeze bagels for mine.

I have to check these boards daily, now, as I'm learning so very much, and being VERY entertained, in the process.

Enjoy your little guy, he's going to be a big boy in mere months!

Thanks for the welcome everyone :rolleyes:

its nice to have someone else that has a pup the same age, we can compare as they grow :D . That ice cube thing is a good idea, i will have to try it. Its great to have somewhere to come for advice and to talk with people that own the same breed, i know im gonna learn alot from here.

Lootah did better with the toys today, mum found him tossing a sock in the air, then he found a mustard bottle and was playing with that, then he decided he liked the toy lamb i got him a couple of days ago, lol. He barked for the first time today, when a truck came down the driveway, so i think he is starting to think of this as home. Big is fine with me, his paws are pretty big right now, if you can tell anything from that? i think the breeder said his dad is about 50 pounds.

I managed to get a couple of pics of him today, with his normal face, lol. Maybe one day i will get the nerve to take my camera to the creek with us, knowing my luck though id drop it in the water.

Lootah2.jpg

Lootah3.jpg

Lootah1.jpg

He's very handsome. Not to be a complete killjoy- but I would be very careful letting him play with socks unsupervised. My Aussie Arthur swallowed a whole sock about a month and a half ago- we were EXTREMELY fortunate that he passed it whole. Swallowing something like that can easily lead to intestinal blockage and surgery. If you don't mind my asking, are you located in Cabool, then?

He's very handsome. Not to be a complete killjoy- but I would be very careful letting him play with socks unsupervised. My Aussie Arthur swallowed a whole sock about a month and a half ago- we were EXTREMELY fortunate that he passed it whole. Swallowing something like that can easily lead to intestinal blockage and surgery. If you don't mind my asking, are you located in Cabool, then?

Thankyou :rolleyes: .it was cute but to be honest, its a bad habit for him to have, since i do want to have some socks to wear this winter, lol. He wont be playing with them anymore.

No, we live about 2 hours from there, mostly anyway, we still havnt moved all our stuff up from Arkansas.

Socks, oh dear! Reminds me of the sight, many years ago, of a St. Bernard manfully passing an entire pair of pantyhose!

I spent most of a year in Eureka Springs, AR years ago. Lovely country!

I love your Lootah's markings, very pretty! I met a guy with a pretty dog like that once. The dog's name was Tanny. When I asked how she got that name, he said, "Well, her full name is 'Tan Yer Hide If You Don't Behave', but I just call her Tanny for short. She knows what it means!"