BC Boards

Coats

I'd say definitely not a smooth coat - based on River's and poofy puppy shots I've seen, my guess is longer coated (ie. longer then semi-rough which is how you'd describe River). But could also be based on temperature how poofy your pup is now.

River's adult hair started coming in (top of butt near tail first) around 4 months.

Diesel approx 3 months

babydiesel1.jpg

River approx 3 months

river-15wks3.jpg

River at 8wks

8wks-bed.jpg

Both this year:

group3.jpg

Definitely very rough. :rolleyes:

you can usually tell from about 4 weeks on easily.

Daz's litter mates (all rough)

kashnewt.jpg

Rescue pups (smooth)

Dozensofpups2.jpg

Sometimes it is harder to tell - but you can always go by the ears. Fluff around the ears means a rough coat (99% of the time).

River started on Nutro for about 2 bags, then switched to Blue Buffalo for a few months, then Canidae for a few bags and over the last 2 months or so, Merrick's Grammy Pot Pie (all kibble foods) - which has put the weight she needed on her and firmed up her stools. I really like it and the new bags says made with organic chicken. I don't add anything else to the dogs' diets. (FYI, Diesel is also now on Merrick and Jaida is on Canidae Platinum (for senior & overweight dogs)). Oh and I don't pay $61 for a 30lb bag as listed on their website. Mine are like $49.

Kat? How dare you post that little tri. *melts all over her chair*

kashnewt.jpg

Even the sceptical look is already in place :rolleyes: . Do I want a pocket Kessie? Not sure...but I'd really like to cuddle one :D

How dare you post that little tri

Well, seeing as that little girl is now 2 years old and off herding sheepies somewhere, I figured it was safe. :D

She was pretty dang cute though, and sassy too :D:

puppy.jpg

Ok, sorry for going OT. :rolleyes:

Ok, sorry for going OT.

No, that was me. I can't help losing it over little mini Kessies (hint: the additional pictures did NOT HELP! :rolleyes: ).

Actually I was going to say that I believe the OP's pup (who is also adorable - love the second photo!) is surely going to be a rough coat of some kind, but it seemed that that question had been answered already.

Rough coated, for sure!

The second picture of Jeeves reminds me of baby Dakota, all puffed up. He has the most gorgeous coat now. BTW, where are the new pics of him, Grace? I know he lives with your dad now, but, com'on, I need a Dakota fix :rolleyes:

post-7750-1189201669_thumb.jpgThanks everyone, i was pretty sure he was a rough coat im hoping it will grow really long. but if i had a choice - hed stay the same little fluff ball weve come to love. It seems everyone likes their pictures and everyone has some very lovely pics of their bc. So heres another one..........I love this site!