BC Boards

Breed guesses

I'm getting ready to list this girl on Petfinder, etc. She came from a shelter, so I cannot be sure of her breed. I'm going to list BC as primary breed but for all that I know, she is a mix. Petfinder will let you list two breeds, if the dog is a mix. When people search for either breed, they'll get a hit. I was wondering what others thought she might be mixed with? She's very young - less than a year old - LOTS of energy, athletic, bouncy, and smart. I've never seen her do a bc crouch or stare. She weighs around 30 pounds and is about 20 inches tall.

Tally1.jpg

Tally2.jpg

So, what are your guesses?

I am relatively sure she is mixed with "Should belong to RDM!!!!" What a face!!

I don't think she looks like a mix at all. I was 'stalked' by a purebred Golden Retriever at the dog park recently - it had an eye on my tennis ball. It crouched, flanked and eyed me for a good 5 minutes. So I don't put a lot of stock (pardon the pun) in that behaviour off of sheep as an identifier. To me, she looks all BC.

Lovely!

RDM

I am relatively sure she is mixed with "Should belong to RDM!!!!" What a face!!

:rolleyes:

I agree with RDM. She looks all BC to me. She reminds me a lot of Faith. Who, at ten months, is jjuuust beginning to show the "crouch and stare" behavior, on and off sheep. This girl may start doing it, too as she gets older. What a sweetie. :D

I don't see anything that says mix to me, either. I'd call her a border collie. :D

Darn, I guess Diane's contact wasn't interested? I think this girl is darling, and at that small size, I'd snatch her up in a heartbeat, if I could.

ETA: Oh, I just re-read it...she's not small, at all, she's just right, though! :rolleyes:

Darn, I guess Diane's contact wasn't interested? I think this girl is darling, and at that small size, I'd snatch her up in a heartbeat, if I could.

I haven't heard from her but I thought Diane said that she was on vacation. So, that may be why. This girl is ready to go, though (plus I need to make room for another coming in).

I don't see Sheltie at all, the ears of BC x Sheltie mixes tend to be slightly smaller and more triangular. She looks like a purebred BC and if she acts enough like one then call her one. The purebreds get adopted faster anyway.